Gruden gives some Hawkeye Love

nickhawk

Nice to hear some very positive Hawkeye love from Gruden about both Angerer and Spievey. Glad to see that ESPN actually spent some time analyzing both former Hawks.

I love to see that all 3 Hawks drafted so far (Bulaga - GB, Angerer - INDY and Spievey - DET) will be on midwest TV a LOT this fall. I think they all will play significantly right away.

I like Gruden as well. Its a shame that Berman is ruining this Draft, He looks lost. I would love to see more from Mel and Gruden.

I like Gruden as well. Its a shame that Berman is ruining this Draft, He looks lost. I would love to see more from Mel and Gruden.

I liked Boom's statement after the Cowboys made a selection: "Now Dez Bryant.....the most intriguing pick from yesterday" (with a tone of significance). Tommy just looked stunned for a good 3 seconds, cause that comment was just off the wall lol.

LOL. Earlier in the segment Steve Young had a super big yawn when the camera moved to show all 5 of the guys after Boom was done talking. It looked really funny!

i was watching last night around the time bulaga was drafted. did you see when they were showing the 4 guys and they were talking amongst themselves, not aware of the camera, and then berman does this angry looking swing of the arms meaning the cameras were not supposed to be on them. he looked like an angry old man. that guy is full of himself

If any of you have the NFL Network I would advise watching it there, it is much better. ESPN is doing a terrible job this year.

I agree Berman is terrible, but in his defense he was trying to cut off the comments by waving his arms last night because they were honoring troops on the stage and the comments were not focused on this event.

Gruden is awesome and his specials on sportcenter was a good show. But I gotta disagree about Mel I dont relaly like him for some reason... gives off a weird vide to me.

What did they have to say about Spievey and Angerer? I missed it.

HAHAHAHAHA! Did anyone just see after they talked about Moeaki they talked about the pick that Cincinatti made. Boomer asks Kiper if their pick is a return guy. Kiper says he's just a corner. Boomer says, Oh well they could use some help in their return game. Kiper made a face like..."You are the biggest d'bag on the planet." and said nothing. The tension on that stage is HILARIOUS!!

Well I don't think Gruden ever sleeps, so all he has to do is watch tape of every football in the world. But I think Gruden, like other many other coaches, love Iowa players regardless of their perceived "athletic" ability because of their attitude, work ethic, and how well coached they are.

Ohh yeah, some one please get ride of boomer and young... They are ruining the draft!

I watched ESPN last night and they were terrible...after hearing Jon and Steve and then Dan Patrick all talking about how good NFL Network was in comparison, I watched them tonight and, well...I'm gonna miss Gruden and Mel...

Texas Head Coach Mack Brown was on set and had some very nice things to say about Iowa after Angerer was drafted, mentioning that when Texas played Iowa in the Alamo Bowl, the Hawkeyes were well prepared, well coached and very good fundamentally.

Gruden is great but please get off the "big 4 QB" bit already. Everytime I heard them ***** about those guys not getting drafted I changed to the NFL channel.

Latest posts