Groza voters shank award selection

Given to Georgia kicker despite Duncan’s far better stats and importance to the team.

SEC bias anyone?

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/dec/12/georgias-rodrigo-blankenship-claims-lou-groza-awar/

Deace mentioned something a while ago that really resonates with me lately.

Basically, ESPN is the biggest purveyor of sports in this country. ESPN owns the majority stake in $EC Network. Almost all the $EC bowl tie-ins are shown on ESPN/ABC. Looking at the award winners this year we see how many, exactly, are from the $EC.

In other words, it ain't an accident.

Whether it's sports, music or acting (especially acting and film) the transparent agenda of the awarding bodies has pretty much destroyed any value and credibility these awards once had. It's become a big jag-off fest.

The idea of identifying and and rewarding excellence has long since been replaced by validating an agenda.

Sad.

These awards are nothing more than figure skating scores, period.

Come up with a stat-based system for them and then they might be something.

For kickers it could be a matrix of points, total distance and accuracy. Anything would be better than all these bogus awards.

Who are the Groza voters? Are they media members? Are they former players or coaches?

If ESPN truly aspires to be a strictly regional sports information resource, they are going about it the right way.

Article is from WSU. Thread refers to ESPN. I woyld expect WSU to support their kicker. As they should. As we support ours. ESPN is an SEC tool.

Article is from WSU. Thread refers to ESPN. I woyld expect WSU to support their kicker. As they should. As we support ours. ESPN is an SEC tool.

Lol, I just thought it was funny that the OP was arguing that Duncan had superior stats and then instead of linking to an article that supported that argument, he instead linked to an article that argued that the WSU kicker had superior stats.

So what exactly was the point? That voters should have shown bias towards the Iowa kicker instead of the Georgia kicker, even though the WSU had better stats than both of them? If voters are going be a tool, they should be a tool for the Big Ten instead of the SEC? I guess I am a little confused.

No more confused than me, but then again i have been imbibing on Holiday cheer all day. I hope the overall point is that we can and should expect respective schools to support their own. Having said that, ESecPN is alleged to be a sports network for all sports and programs, but the reality is that their loyalty resides where their investment is.

Maybe i just haven’t gotten with the “program” yet.

No more confused than me, but then again i have been imbibing on Holiday cheer all day. I hope the overall point is that we can and should expect respective schools to support their own. Having said that, ESecPN is alleged to be a sports network for all sports and programs, but the reality is that their loyalty resides where their investment is.

Maybe i just haven’t gotten with the “program” yet.

Exactly. E$ecPN portrays itself as a "national" sports network, but fails to mention their allegiances to certain schools, teams, conferences or leagues.

Whether it's sports, music or acting (especially acting and film) the transparent agenda of the awarding bodies has pretty much destroyed any value and credibility these awards once had. It's become a big jag-off fest.

The idea of identifying and and rewarding excellence has long since been replaced by validating an agenda.

Sad.

Doyle Award?

Is anybody going to mention that the 3rd finalist from WSU actually had superior stats to both Georgia and Iowa's kicker? And that the article link is actually arguing that the WSU kicker should have won the Groza?
WSU kicker only made 3 kicks over 40 yards all season, and he missed 2 XPs. Duncan made 9 more FGs throughout the season. Not really superior stats.