Greg McDermott

Duke

Would the native of Cascade, Iowa leave Creighton now to take the job he always wanted? Creighton is a better job now than Iowa due to his hard work. Iowa would have to pay him $3 million or more.

Creighton's advantages over Iowa are:

1. Better arena.
2. Better attendance--arena is packed 18,000 for every home game
3. Private university without football-he can get anybody in school that he wants

When McDermott was at UNI, Iowa State hurriedly fired their coach so that they could get him rather than Iowa. A year later Barta gave us Todd Lickliter.

McDermott knows the area and knows how to recruit JUCO's and transfers which Fran won't do.

Should Gary Barta be allowed to hire anybody? He is totally responsible for the $6.5 million LLL (Lesbian Lawsuit Loss)

Would the native of Cascade, Iowa leave Creighton now to take the job he always wanted? Creighton is a better job now than Iowa due to his hard work. Iowa would have to pay him $3 million or more.

Creighton's advantages over Iowa are:

1. Better arena.
2. Better attendance--arena is packed 18,000 for every home game
3. Private university without football-he can get anybody in school that he wants

When McDermott was at UNI, Iowa State hurriedly fired their coach so that they could get him rather than Iowa. A year later Barta gave us Todd Lickliter.

McDermott knows the area and knows how to recruit JUCO's and transfers which Fran won't do.

Should Gary Barta be allowed to hire anybody? He is totally responsible for the $6.5 million LLL (Lesbian Lawsuit Loss)

I am not positive on this, but I think McDermott is content on being a mid-major coach. He learned a lot of tough lessons at ISU.

I'd take McDermott in a heartbeat. Would he leave the good thing he's got going over there to try resuscitating Iowa? Some would love that challenge others not so much... He wouldn't do it for the same money that's for sure. I doubt we'll get to see that happen soon but crazier things have happened.

Latest posts