Greg Garmon Has HAWKS in Top 3

Raziel

Pretty big RB (ATH) recruit that has Iowa in his top three:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igPzlaitekk]‪#13 Greg Garmon- Erie McDowell‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Good story published 3 days ago where Garmon states that Iowa is in his top 3 (along with Illinois & UNC):

Erie (Pa.) running back Greg Garmon cools on Wolverines | MLive.com

This kid would be a very good get. Great change of pace back from Coker/McCall.

He appears to have the athleticism to excel anywhere on the field for the hawks. Hopefully O'Keefe can reel him in.

Agree that he is a different kind of back than what Iowa presently has...more of a game breaker (although I think McCall can be that)...the rare long strider that also has good feet in tight spots and keeps them moving, and can accelerate quickly

I like Smith and a couple others a little better out of the RB spot. Garmon looks like an open space athlete which means WR to me.

I like Smith and a couple others a little better out of the RB spot. Garmon looks like an open space athlete which means WR to me.

In terms of running style (note I didn't say overall talent), I'd say he kind of reminds me of Reggie Bush. His running style didn't stop him from winning a Heisman.

Open space athletes can definitely work at RB in college.

Before reading this ( Greg Garmon is both a cancer survivor and Top 100 football recruit - MaxPreps News ) I had just read the name and knew he was a quality recruit. After reading it I will root for him wherever he ends up. Even if he doesn't do much at the college level he's still one tough kid and and I don't think he's likely to take anything for granted.
A quote from the article - "I knew what that pain was in my leg I had all of the time," Garmon said. "The biopsy showed my hip bone was shattered into pieces. I was playing with a shattered hip and no one knew."

Wow. What a great story. Hope he's a Hawkeye. The UIHC would love to have a player like him around I'm sure. Best of luck to him wherever his life takes him.

I hope that we land him ... however, it sounds like he's really like North Carolina for a while. Also, Illinois has a pretty good record with their RBs as of late ... so I wouldn't count them out either.

Tough competition .... but I'd love it if we were to land him!

It would be cool if he were a Steelers fan ... then it wouldn't be much of a leap to play at Iowa in the Steeler's colors!

Alright....c'mon Kirk...you Vs. the Zooker. He can pitch playing time, you can pitch "do you really want to play for Ron Zook?".

I'd really like to see this kid as a hawk. I could see him excelling at RB, WR, S, or CB. He is a really versatile athlete.

Iowa should have a real good chance to get him now with Davis out at UNC. Garmon was probably headed to UNC as a result of his high school coach's friendship with some of the coaching staff at UNC. They were considered the team to beat. He is now saying that he has no leader.

Iowa should have a real good chance to get him now with Davis out at UNC. Garmon was probably headed to UNC as a result of his high school coach's friendship with some of the coaching staff at UNC. They were considered the team to beat. He is now saying that he has no leader.

I imagine that the Hawks coaches, while still keeping their recruiting approach positive, will definitely emphasize how well Erb has "coached guys up," emphasize Greene, and emphasize the great coaching continuity we've had. The latter part will emphasize that they'll still be there in 5 years ... and Garmon can make the logical deduction that Zook can make no such similar guarantee.

The great thing is that Iowa won't have to negatively recruit in this case because you know that other programs will do it for them.

Latest posts