Greg Davis

Yet, another mentally challenged thread against Davis. This year's offense was equal to the THIRD highest in yards per game in the entire 16 years of the KF era. Chew on that awhile, bozos.

Go look where we rank nationaly in offensive catagories. Its not good.

Everyone scores more points now, you have guys passing for 700 yards in a game and running for 400 yards in back to back weeks.

It only matters how you are doing relative to your current competition.

That being said Davis isn't the problem. Its personel decisions made by the head coach that are holding this team back big time.

Yet, another mentally challenged thread against Davis. This year's offense was equal to the THIRD highest in yards per game in the entire 16 years of the KF era. Chew on that awhile, bozos.

Think about what you wrote. You stated it's the KF era, correct? The bar has never been set very high on offense these past 16 years. This year being the 3rd highest in YPG totals really isn't impressive.

I guess I'd also like to throw this out there for some thought. What if Jake is better than CJ? This might actually be the case, notwithstanding CJ's superior arm strength. I'm not saying CJ shouldn't still start, but it's pretty popular tho just state CJ is better. I'm not sure it is thought out though. I'm not sure anyone has the answer.

^Need to get a G.A. dedicated to QB's then, cuz I don't have much confidence in Brian as a QB coach.

I think we need more than a GA, unless it's someone like Drew Tate. We need to get someone on this staff with a lot of experience playing and coaching QBs and KF needs to listen to him. Currently, nobody on this staff has a clue about the QB position, except maybe GD, and I get the impression that KF doesn't listen to him much.

I guess I'd also like to throw this out there for some thought. What if Jake is better than CJ? This might actually be the case, notwithstanding CJ's superior arm strength. I'm not saying CJ shouldn't still start, but it's pretty popular tho just state CJ is better. I'm not sure it is thought out though. I'm not sure anyone has the answer.

Golfer, I just don't think it's true. I think JR made so many mistakes in the (deep) passing game that he cannot be an overall better player than CJ.

We need a QB that can release quicker and throw with greater velocity, no ifs ands or buts. That combo, slow release, low velocity is a killer, esp when you combine it with a conservative mind. I cannot imagine the pain of a rerun of the quarterbacking we have seen this year again next year. Talk about nails on a chalkboard! Stack the box and get the W says the other team!

I think JR makes a great backup, and I love the grit and toughness of that kid. But starter for a big ten team, nope.

We need a QB that can release quicker and throw with greater velocity, no ifs ands or buts. That combo, slow release, low velocity is a killer, esp when you combine it with a conservative mind. I cannot imagine the pain of a rerun of the quarterbacking we have seen this year again next year. Talk about nails on a chalkboard! Stack the box and get the W says the other team!

I think JR makes a great backup, and I love the grit and toughness of that kid. But starter for a big ten team, nope.

This.

Jake's windup is too slow. He can put zip on the ball, but he has to really put everything into it, which costs time....For Davis system to work, the ball has to be out quick for these short routes. The quicker the ball gets there, the more opportunity the WR has to make a play in space. With JR as QB, even just a 1/2 second slower and the Defense is on the WR/TE/RB.

And Jake just doesn't have it on the deep passes unless he gets into a zone. That happened with Northwestern, and in the 2nd half of Wisconsin. The rest of the year, he was inaccurate, late, or just flat out missed open WR down the field.

I think we get an addition by subtraction next year with Wiesman graduating, as the other RB's are quicker to the hole. They still may not be Big10 caliber, but we need bigger plays on offense. Instead of taking a 20 yard run from the 30 to the 10....someone like Wadley/Canzeri/Daniels take it to the house.

I don't like GD offense overall, but I don't think he is the reason for us being bad. It's KF trying to mesh his philosphy with GD and it doesn't work. Throw in KF most likely overriding who plays and who doesn't, and we have a disaster of an offense. Yes, we finished 3rd or 4th best in numbers for KF era....but nationally we were right in the middle to below average.

Best case scenario if Brian is the next OC is to bring in someone like Chuck Long as the QB coach, keep CJ around, and get the most out of that position as possible. Brian would need complete and utter control to implement his pro-style offense that resembles Bill O’Brien’s PSU offense. All of this is assuming our o-line struggles were a result of playcalling this past year.

I think we need more than a GA, unless it's someone like Drew Tate. We need to get someone on this staff with a lot of experience playing and coaching QBs and KF needs to listen to him. Currently, nobody on this staff has a clue about the QB position, except maybe GD, and I get the impression that KF doesn't listen to him much.

It won't be Tate. He's still playing in the CFL. He scored two rushing touchdowns for the Calgary Stampeders and helped them win the Grey Cup 20-16.

Latest posts