Total Offense Rank:
2004 - 11th
2005 - 2nd
2006 - 26th
2007 - 13th
2008 - 11th
2009 - 11th
2010 - 74th

For the last 7 years (farthest they go back on espn.com) Davis' offense averaged 21st best in the nation and if you take out the outlying year of 2010 it averaged 12th best over those 6 years.

OK4P proprietary talent rankings during the same years:

2004 - 2nd
2005 - 1st
2006 - 10th
2007 - 5th
2008 - 3rd
2009 - 8th
2010 - 15th

Davis has underperformed.

We're you fired after the Dundermifflin and Sabre merger or did you not feel the need to change the name?

Total Offense Rank:
2004 - 11th
2005 - 2nd
2006 - 26th
2007 - 13th
2008 - 11th
2009 - 11th
2010 - 74th

For the last 7 years (farthest they go back on espn.com) Davis' offense averaged 21st best in the nation and if you take out the outlying year of 2010 it averaged 12th best over those 6 years.

Realize OK4P is just being, well, OK4P with his own talent rankings. But considering the talent that Texas lands year in and year out, I'm not sure these rankings are that stellar. Unless Iowa's talent level increases dramatically in the next several years, I'm not sure Davis will be able to approach anything close to the above in Iowa City.

Realize OK4P is just being, well, OK4P with his own talent rankings. But considering the talent that Texas lands year in and year out, I'm not sure these rankings are that stellar. Unless Iowa's talent level increases dramatically in the next several years, I'm not sure Davis will be able to approach anything close to the above in Iowa City.

The one year Texas' offense ranked poorly was when they didn't have a qb to replace Colt Mccoy. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have a qb to manage that talent, it's a tough situation. Iowa offers a very solid offensive line, a respectable receiving core including some potential NFL caliber TE's and a veteran qb who can make all the throws to be a very good qb.

I think it's a good hire....he would probably still be at Texas if it wasn't for the one bad year...he was a scapegoat.

The one year Texas' offense ranked poorly was when they didn't have a qb to replace Colt Mccoy. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have a qb to manage that talent, it's a tough situation. Iowa offers a very solid offensive line, a respectable receiving core including some potential NFL caliber TE's and a veteran qb who can make all the throws to be a very good qb.

I think it's a good hire....he would probably still be at Texas if it wasn't for the one bad year...he was a scapegoat.

I'm not arguing that Davis is a bad hire. In fact I think he will be a good one. Seems we have at least two very good QBs on campus and another one or two in the pipeline; if Davis can work with them the way he did some of the top signal-callers at Texas, we should see dividends.

This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive.

Last edited:
This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive. I can't believe we accept this mediocrity.

Well, using Texas talent in the pass happy, no defense Big IX, Texas put up 28 points per game in their first year after Greg Davis.

Guess how many points per game Iowa put up last year.

Go on, guess....

I don't see Davis doing much better than Okeefe at offensive coordinator. But he'll help bring in decent recruits from Texas. He's probably worth two to three 3* and 4* players a year with the connections he's built from Texas.

He might have some connections elsewhere too. I think overall with slightly better talent than Okeefe had he'll produce offenses that will be about 10% better than Okeefe.

This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive. I can't believe we accept this mediocrity.

No one bit on your first troll attempt so you quote yourself and step it up a notch??.......ha, nice try troll.

Wow. You're either a troll or you just have no clue.

This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive.

Make sense please.

Well, using Texas talent in the pass happy, no defense Big IX, Texas put up 28 points per game in their first year after Greg Davis.

Guess how many points per game Iowa put up last year.

Go on, guess....

You can't compare Iowa and Texas, we had a lot of injuries, a first year starting QB and we played a rugged B10 schedule that included some heavy competition. Anyway, O'Keefe outscored Texas in the Iowa State game (he put up 41 - remember?) but then as the defense let us down in some games, the offense kind of slowed down a little because the guys were dejected and we had some injuries and it was pretty windy when we played Minnesota and Nebraska.

YOU ARE A MORON

You can't compare Iowa and Texas, we had a lot of injuries, a first year starting QB and we played a rugged B10 schedule that included some heavy competition. Anyway, O'Keefe outscored Texas in the Iowa State game (he put up 41 - remember?) but then as the defense let us down in some games, the offense kind of slowed down a little because the guys were dejected and we had some injuries and it was pretty windy when we played Minnesota and Nebraska.

YOU ARE A MORON

I'll own that. I always forget the slight breeze that horrid day in October.

How do you pick up someone who is dead?

I have to say that at least the last 13 years of kok tendencies are out the window, that in itself has to give the offense a leg up and at least 7 more points a game. GO HAWKS!!

Latest posts