Greg Davis needs to hang it up

They didn't lose because of play calling. To think so is nonsense

Play calling wasn't the best but this is the correct answer. Under throwing a wide open Powell and KMM muffing the punt was a 14 point swing. Those two plays were the ball game.

They didn't lose because of play calling. To think so is nonsense

I don't think we did. It's hard to claim that we did when there weren't any plays that worked. I do wonder why we came out throwing though. We always run first. It usually works (when we have a solid line) and then we work off of it. Kind of weird.

I dont agree on things with my employees, I tell them how to do it and thats how they do it.

Davis calls the plays but the offense is not his design.

Tell me what offense is his design. The guy has gotten bailed out by having Radio and Colt running his regimes. When the guy had a mediocre QB at TX he lost to the clowns WITH TEXAS LEVEL TALENT and was a key reason they finished 5-7 that year. The guy sucks golf balls through garden hoses. Plain and simple.

Play calling wasn't the best but this is the correct answer. Under throwing a wide open Powell and KMM muffing the punt was a 14 point swing. Those two plays were the ball game.

Well then get rid of Lester Erb. The muffed punt and the craptastic fake punt were jokes. Erb has been a disgrace the entire time he's been here.

Tell me what offense is his design. The guy has gotten bailed out by having Radio and Colt running his regimes. When the guy had a mediocre QB at TX he lost to the clowns WITH TEXAS LEVEL TALENT and was a key reason they finished 5-7 that year. The guy sucks golf balls through garden hoses. Plain and simple.

Dont dissagree he sucks thats why Kf scrapped most of the stuff he was trying to do last year.

I think ideally he would run spread zone read with horizontal screens to little fast guys. That was his O at UT.

I would be glad if he was gone, no one else wanted him for a reason.

I don't think we did. It's hard to claim that we did when there weren't any plays that worked. I do wonder why we came out throwing though. We always run first. It usually works (when we have a solid line) and then we work off of it. Kind of weird.

There are calls in the game that I question (bubble screen to slow receivers vs. LSU) or the 2nd bootleg. WhyTF would you ever run a pitch to Weisman.
But my biggest issue with the offense is the gameplanning going into games. Only one game this year did Iowa seem to go into a game with a plan that played to their strengths and that was OSU. Davis was better playing to his personnel this year, but it is still highly lacking. The OSU game played to who this team is, and the personnel that they have, and it worked and damn near pulled a game out in the shoe. Other than that game, I really believe that this is what is prep notes look like....
16770.jpg

The god dam plays and play calling left a lot to be desired.
If you line mark and jc up in a pitch play, you can figure out which gets it, by the read off the de.
I tried to say get them both out there at the same time, but it fell upon deaf ears.
De crashes, pitch mark, de goes out, pitch to jc.
That play puts people at an advantage for sucess, because it plays to their strengths. If not run, bullock or even daniels.
3 or 4 backs I know, but if they are more concerned with personal stuff than winning, to bad.

While I am at it.
Why could we not come out first drive in the above personnel with cj?
I mean come on. Should have been working on that all year.
He can throw, pitch, run a bit.
I am not saying full time, just something that says, hey I am here, sorry no film, just learned it.

I don't care who called it, but running that pass play short of the first down to the right hash, when Meyers has missed every FG attempt he has made from the right, was nothing short of brilliant.

I really wish GD would hang it up. Not so much that I think GD is terrible, he is doing the best he can with the hand he is dealt. What we need is Brian to come in, so he can tell his dad to butt out of the offense, and just let him run it. The offense will never change under KF any other way.

This is the correct answer. KF/GD probably worked out an exit strategy the day he was hired. i think it is a waiting game at this point. Because he won't bring in a NFL vet type(and there are plenty of them) and let them just run it.

I also agree that GD abandoned the run early in the first half. It was 7 to 0 and JR was out there slinging it like we were down 20.

One play I don't understand is when we toss or run wide with wiesman. Against solid Ds he isn't quick enough to hit the edge. Those type of plays should be reserved for Canzeri, I won't even mention Bullock's song and dance today. Just hit the hole #5.

Canzeri was the more effective runner yesterday. Weisman works when Iowa can overpower a team, but he doesn't have the speed to hit the holes against the better teams. The holes are there, they just don't stay open for very long. Canzeri gets there much faster than Weisman. Not sure why he doesn't get more carries - is a fumble thing with him? Agree about Bullock.

I wound up self medicating with a lot of booze yesterday, but did we continue to run left on every of our audibles yesterday? I think after the second one I started getting into the shots and my memory is foggy.

Latest posts