Greg Davis 4/24 Transcript

I'm not willing to concede it was on the WRs and Coach Campbell. JVB's 3,000+ yrds and 25 TDs came under a different offensive system. All that shows is he understood and could execute the old system not that he knew what he was doing under Davis' system. (You could reverse argument and say the WR corps had over 3,000+ yrds and 25 in the previous year so last year's struggles were JVB's fault).

Additionally, your trying to tell me that out of 5-6 WRs NONE of them were able to picke up the system? The odds are more likely that JVB was the weaker link and not the other 5-6 guys.

I think it's a lot more believable that neither Vandy or the receivers did a very good job within the system last year, hence why Campbell is gone. It wasn't just one group/player that screwed it up. Sometimes Vandy made the proper read and the receiver didn't, other times it was the other way around.

Personally, I don't mind that they've gone to a read and react passing game. It's just on the players to make the correct reads.

Latest posts