Greetings From a Husker Fan

Welcome to the best conference in the nation. I look forward to the great games between iowa and ne as well as all of the smack talk. My best friend is a Husker fan so it will be great to at least have the big 10 in commen. I will try to some how find the strength to cheer for the huskers in their non-conference games as well as bowl games if you should be so lucky. I envision iowa vs ne to be a brutal game of tuff d and few points. I look forward to attending a game in Memorial as well as bringing by buddy to Historic Kinnick Stadium.

we use to have a train coming from Omaha to Lincoln, they are looking at adding it back, waiting on approval from UP. I sit across from the visiting section right across the isle from the pep band so I visit a lot of the visiting teams. Love the videos you guys have a kick *** crowd, and facility. Respect is all you'll get even win or loose at a game a welcome when you come and a handshake and a saying of good game. It's that simple we will respect your house as much as you do ours. TX well that's a different animal lots of pent up frustrations at them. 2006 got yelled at by Colt McCoys mom for upside down TX sign, such is life. The fist video I posted is one they play before the band take the field these next 2 are of the tunnel walk as well call it.... I loved your guys videos so feel free comment on mine, yes we are nuts, but on a Sat what else is there to do in the fall, the 4 B's as well call it (myself and friends) Beef, Ball, Beer, and Babes... LOL enjoy. The first is in the stadium the last is w/o crowd noise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBaqi3t_nM&feature=related]YouTube - Nebraska tunnel walk 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqC5GQO0G4&NR=1]YouTube - 2009 Tunnel Walk[/ame]

LOL CWB I am a Husker yes, I was more or less looking to see what you guys do on a Football Saturday, traditions etc. If this is something that going to last for decades we might as well get use to one another and what things we respect in one anothers houses. Well thanks for all the welcomes, and likewise back at you guys. We as fans had a hard time with Billy C and his gang come in and in 4 yrs ruin all of our records except consecutive sell outs. Those 4 yrs were hard to swallow, and yes last yr we lost to ISU 7-9 it was our fault 8 turn overs we gabe them the game. heart wrenching to watch and go through that. Bo has taken the 114th defense in 2007 to a top 10 defense in 2009 same kids. we are looking to see what this yr brings us. Good luck IA Im looking forward to spending some time in Iowa City soon...

I was too young to remember games of Hayden Fry but this is all new to both teams, and Nebraska coming in as the new kid the first day of school. I understand many fans on both sides are excited nervous, and just wanting to see who becomes one anothers rival in all of this. I look forward to many great years of good games with sportsmanship and a foundation of respect between our programs. So as being a husker fan do you have any traditions for home games. I had to look up the name of your mascot it's Hurkey while ours is Herbie, thats going to be odd. Posting things on boards we call our self NU, well so does Northwesten, so there are going to be growing pains. I'm posting a link on here so you have an idea of what atmosphere is like on one of our home games, if someone has the same I would love to see it. I look forward to this Iowa and the Big 10 of many years of friendly banter thrown across the isle. Thanks

I'm sorry to see this happen. It would be nice to have Iowa play Nebraska more often, but just not in the same conference. It's not right. There's a great imbalance in the force. I would also think there are some Husker fans who are sorry to see the Big 8/12 break up. Those great Nebraska/Oklahoma games are gone; as well as other fine traditions from your conference. I guess you had a few years to get use to it, so the transition isn't that big of a deal. I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Hey, worry not about the NU vs NW designation. Northwestern is NW...and Nebraska is NU. This is gonna hack off those NW pansies,but that is just one other side-benefit of the Huskers coming on board....welcome NU!! Hey, NW...go home and get your shine box!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLBstbt8xJ4"]YouTube - gohawks.com Intro 2010[/ame]
watch

It's HERKEY not Hurkey. Oooooooh, now I am pi$$ed. Can't wait to play you in three years or whenever the heck it is. It is ON now.;)

Too bad this didnt happen earlier. If we met last year it would have been a great game. Two awesome defenses.

Wow - how did they manage to record this? I have tried a couple of times, but the stands have been rocking and bouncing so much, the camera jumps all over the place and it just looks like I am having a siezure...

Maybe they had a tripod?