Greenwood shirt update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the proceeds for this going to the Greenwood family to help with the costs? I sure hope so, otherwise I'd be sadly disappointed that someone would try to profit off of a horrible situation.

Good lord people... free shipping thats 5 bucks, 7 or so for a shirt 7 to family and you have 5 to 7 left over. Dude shut down his business for a week to get these out there.
Appreciate the efforts. Dont let a few idiots get to you.

He said $7 of it does. Looks like he is making a bit of dough for his troubles, but I could be wrong.

Yea, I saw that the shirt is $25 and only $7 goes to the greenwood family?

There is no way a tshirt could cost a person who makes them $18. He's making a profit off of this and I find it absolutely shameful that he is making ANY profit off of the tragedy that struck Brett. I wouldn't be shocked if his profit margin is at least $7 (or more) after his costs.

No way would I buy this shirt, especially when I can wear a green shirt I already own and send $25 to a fund directly to the Greenwood family.

Factor in the time and money he cost his business by shutting it down for a week to focus on these shirts? Obviously donating 25 to a fund is a grand idea, so do that. No need to grill some one who made over 2100 bucks for the family.

Good lord people... free shipping thats 5 bucks, 7 or so for a shirt 7 to family and you have 5 to 7 left over. Dude shut down his business for a week to get these out there.
Appreciate the efforts. Dont let a few idiots get to you.

I doubt he shut down his business just for this. He saw a moment where he could capitalize on a sad situation and went straight for it.

If you want to be more helpful to the Greenwood family, just donate to a fund directly for Brett.

Good lord people... free shipping thats 5 bucks, 7 or so for a shirt 7 to family and you have 5 to 7 left over. Dude shut down his business for a week to get these out there. Appreciate the efforts. Dont let a few idiots get to you.
I doubt he shut down his business just for this. He saw a moment where he could capitalize on a sad situation and went straight for it. If you want to be more helpful to the Greenwood family, just donate to a fund directly for Brett.
Dont think you have been following this but whatever. I dont know the guy, didnt buy a shirt. I mean obviously donating 25 to the family would be the most helpfull for the family. Not arguing that just think you're grilling the dude a little hard.

Factor in the time and money he cost his business by shutting it down for a week to focus on these shirts? Obviously donating 25 to a fund is a grand idea, so do that. No need to grill some one who made over 2100 bucks for the family.

And he likely made another $2100+ for himself in the process. Profit is a factor and I doubt that after the initial design you actually shutter your business completely. Once the design is made, you really don't have alot left in the process to stop your whole business operation. Most likely he has a supply of shirts made for his other designs so he's not really all that behind or losing money from other sales as they are still being made. And if he contracts the shirts to be made by another company (which is very common in this line of work) they be can made for very little cost if he has a good history with them and they are large enough that they can cut down the costs since they would print a ton of shirts for many others in this line of work.

Dont think you have been following this but whatever. I dont know the guy, didnt buy a shirt. I mean obviously donating 25 to the family would be the most helpfull for the family. Not arguing that just think you're grilling the dude a little hard.

I may be grilling him hard, but I had a spot where I do not like those who capitalize on tragedies. Just like those idiots who made commemorative 9/11 ribbons,etc just to capitalize on a tragedy. He's making a profit, and a nice one at that on a sad situation.

If someone finds out if there is a trust open for the Greenwood family, I'd be more than happy to donate to it.

Hey R2, Jester is a good guy and loyal Hawkeye. He's doing a good thing with the shirt and helping Brett and his family.
Don't make me herp your derp.

I may be grilling him hard, but I had a spot where I do not like those who capitalize on tragedies. Just like those idiots who made commemorative 9/11 ribbons,etc just to capitalize on a tragedy. He's making a profit, and a nice one at that on a sad situation. If someone finds out if there is a trust open for the Greenwood family, I'd be more than happy to donate to it.

Why dont you just start one since it bothers you so much?

Yea, I saw that the shirt is $25 and only $7 goes to the greenwood family?

There is no way a tshirt could cost a person who makes them $18. He's making a profit off of this and I find it absolutely shameful that he is making ANY profit off of the tragedy that struck Brett. I wouldn't be shocked if his profit margin is at least $7 (or more) after his costs.

No way would I buy this shirt, especially when I can wear a green shirt I already own and send $25 to a fund directly to the Greenwood family.

Without those 300 shirts there is a good chance that many of those people would have never donated. Many people also want to publicly show their support for the guy. Find another company that would have taken orders on, received payment on, produced, and shipped over three hundred shirts in less than a week...

So you don't agree with aspects of it, if you spend all your time worrying about that stuff you'll keep busy.

Maybe I just don't have the time to set one up. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth, and I know, he doesn't have to donate anything and it's good that he is donating a portion of the price to the family. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth is all when it comes to making a profit off of a tragedy.

And Vintage, don't make me revoke your posting privileges. I know who you are and where you live, and I have a sexy sheepdog outfit!

Maybe I just don't have the time to set one up. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth, and I know, he doesn't have to donate anything and it's good that he is donating a portion of the price to the family. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth is all when it comes to making a profit off of a tragedy. And Vintage, don't make me revoke your posting privileges. I know who you are and where you live, and I have a sexy sheepdog outfit!

I guess I'm under the impression that this is a small operation from reading the main thread about the shirts. If this was like Graphic Edge or another huge screen print company doing it my views would change.

Maybe I just don't have the time to set one up. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth, !

You should have send it to the Greenwood family. :rolleyes:

I agree that capitalizing on tragedy is shameful, but that is not close to what this is IMHO. The guy had to call in family to process the orders, not exactly Phil Knight making a fortune.

Last edited:
He might be making something off of it, but I don't blame him. He is doing all the work of promoting this and sending money to the Greenwood family. A few bucks for his troubles isn't out of hand I don't think. He's got to make money or else he wouldn't have the money to do something like this. :D

I don't have any problem with him making money in this venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts