Great Names for Linebackers

Back in the late 80's or early 90's we played Hawaii and they had a linebacker with the name Nuhu Lihi Lihi. It was great to hear the announcer make the call

"NuHu Lihi <pause> Lihi with the tackle"

one of my favorites

New MN Head Coach - Jerry Kill

"Not an especially gifted athlete, he weighed 160 pounds as a freshman at Division II Southwestern College (Kan.) in 1979. His football coach encouraged him to play point guard for the basketball team.

Instead, Kill played linebacker and eventually became a starter, all-conference player and two-time captain. He was named the team's most inspirational player his senior year."

I am no Notre Dame fan, but they had a LB named Michael Stonebreaker a few years back.

Stonebreaker FTW. Best football name ever.

Angerer is pretty damn solid too.

Hawk (as in AJ) is a good fit for the position too. Although that might be a better name for a cornerback.

I have a good friend down here from Des Moines that is going to be welcoming a son this week. He wants to name his son "Tomahawk Toomey." He was a standout linebacker himself at Kansas:

KANSAS OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Football

EDIT: We play together on a flag football team down here, he is an absolute freak of nature.

I had a former Nebraska Cornhusker running back on my FF team in law school.

No, we never lost a game.

Latest posts