GREAT marching band idea... just Awesome, really just fantastic

Until about four or five years ago this song was played over the sound system very early in warmups while the team was stretching and doing drills. Those of us that are in the stadium as soon as the gates open should remember this....gave me chills and made the hair on my arms stand up.....of course everything associated with iowa gameday does this so it's probably just me!!

I will only support this idea if we can find a midget (small person, or whatever is politically correct these days) and dress him in a small herky outfit to dance along with the fans.
LMAO!

"Little people" I think is the PC term.

Great idea. But I wouldn't trust the band to do it. Jumbotron time. Great to see that video, again. It IS a catchy number. Thanks, Boss!

Better idea is to do away with the marching band and pipe in some real music.

Did you see yourself on TV during the Orange Bowl? My personal fav was watching the trumpet player run in to the other player. Half of you can't even march in step.

Just curious, how much did it cost the program to pay for your transportation, lodging, food and entertainment while you were in Miami? how much did it cost for th year?

Great idea and freaking hilarious. I can see this being awesome when we're rolling, but less fun when the game is on the line.

Reviving an old thread to 1) keep hope alive this can be done at Kinnick in 2010 and 2) to share an alternative version of the video that I do not recommend for game day but is a wee bit funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p023YD3DDPg"]YouTube- Safety Dance: Literal Video[/ame]

It's a terrific idea, actually.

Here's another idea for HMB that may be even better:

Never play Sweet Caroline again.

Back when my oldest kid (now 37) was an early teenager, we went to a UI-Northwestern game at Kinnick on a cold fall day. Got in the stadium early and it was mostly empty...they were playing 'Safety Dance' on the giant speakers. TOP VOLUME! You could almost see the soundwaves bouncing back and forth.

Wasn't there a thread from a few years ago started by a band member looking for ideas of songs to play? I agree this would be sweet and really needs to happen.

that_guy.gif

I am Eighties Guy and I approve this message.

Latest posts