Grantland article on Bielema

And people wouldn't take Bielema as a coach for Iowa. The guy knows what the hell he's doing.

I wouldn't get too excited, ol' Burt's team got taken apart by the one good team they have played. Next 3 game are A&M, Bama and UGA. Lets talk after that.

It pains me to finally have come around to this, but I would take Burt in a heartbeat someday when ferentz is gone.

This Purdue team tomorrow is the type of team Burt would have buried by halftime (and then have that purty little wife o' his take a dump on the grave in the second half just fer good measure). Ferentz will find a way to let Purdue cover.

Im probably in the minority, but when Ferentz is done at Iowa I would like Bielema as his replacement. part of me thinks some of his motivation to go to Arkansas was so he move on to the Iowa job when it opened up. coaches dont leave for another team in the conference much less a conference foe.

And people wouldn't take Bielema as a coach for Iowa. The guy knows what the hell he's doing.

I don't hire coaches last I check, so my opinion on him means nothing. I think we could do way, way, way better than that Azz bag though. If he doesn't win next year, he gonna get fired anyway.....if that happens are you saying that our best option is a failed SEC coach?

Wishful thinking perhaps, but sometimes guys mature. In a perfect world Biels would take the Iowa job in 3-4 years as he becomes a bit more diplomatic with older age...WITHOUT losing his competitive edge and fire when it counts most.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking perhaps, but sometimes guys mature. In a perfect work Biels would take the Iowa job in 3-4 years as he becomes a bit more diplomatic with older age...WITHOUT losing his competitive edge and fire when it counts most.

Gaining composure doesn't mean you lose any competitive edge. It just means you aren't a 5 year old any longer, and know how to control your PUBLIC emotions. Just because a Ferentz doesn't pull a Paul Rhoads on the sideline does NOT mean he cares less, or is less competitive....it just means he matured after kindergarten.

If Iowa were in the market for a new coach this year or next or the year after, Bret's #1 on my list and it's a big gap to #2

I would actually put Bob Stoops on this list also. They would be one and two and I really wouldn't care that much who was one and who was two.

I'm stuck on this one. I really don't like the guy, but he can coach and he does know how to win in the B10. His style of football would fit Iowa very well, and obviously Iowa means a lot to him.

So ultimately for me as long as he came to Iowa and won without doing anything the wrong way I would be okay with it. By "wrong way" I mean I would hope he's not doing anything deemed illegal by the NCAA or committing any major ethical violations. Even though he doesn't have a track record of doing that his personality just comes off like someone who may try.

Like I said though, if he's going about things the right way I could stand his arrogant attitude and BS if he's making my favorite team a consistent winner. It would definitely be nice to see someone with a little more emotion on the sidelines. Someone who isn't afraid to step on an opponents throat.

Biels is now 0-13 in the SEC.

Arkansas would probably win the Big Ten West. They lost to Alabama by 1 point, Texas A&M in overtime and Mississippi State by 1 score. Their SEC schedule has to be the hardest conference schedule in the nation. They play Auburn, Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Miss St., LSU, Ole Miss and Missouri. The easiest conference game is Missouri later.

Last edited:

Latest posts