Grant Gibbs, for those that are familiar w/ his game

Sorry if already discussed but is he more of a combo guard? Does he have the ball handling skills to play as a back-up point? Defensively , what is his quickness like? Does anyone know if he is a realistic target for Iowa and vice versa?
If he were to come in wouldn't he be in the same class as May and Payne (who seemingly have a similar skill sets)? Finally, is it just coincidence that he is transferring out of Gonzaga at the same time Iowa appears to be on the upswing?

Not a PG for this system. Decent handle but not going to blow by anyone. Probably transferring because he sees the handwriting on the wall with regard to PT. Zags keep recruiting over him.

I think he could be a solid player in the MVC.

He has already used his redshirt year and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to Iowa, so he would only have 2 years left. However, he redshirted his freshman year to have shoulder surgery, so he might be able to petition a 6th year for medical hardship. So the answer to your question maybe he could have 3 more years, but 2 for sure.

The knock on Gibbs is his lack of speed w/ the ball and inability to guard quicker players. Has a high BB IQ and can shoot well.

Sounds like worth letting him walk on, even encouraging him to, but that's it.

I'm done watching fat-ankled, slow of foot, slightly chubby perimeter players dribble 35 feet from the basket, unable to shake their man, shot clock running down, and then jack up a high contested long range jumper.

Sorry, venting a bit there.

Sounds like worth letting him walk on, even encouraging him to, but that's it.

I'm done watching fat-ankled, slow of foot, slightly chubby perimeter players dribble 35 feet from the basket, unable to shake their man, shot clock running down, and then jack up a high contested long range jumper.

Sorry, venting a bit there.

Here here, but I do think he could be a legit player, at least for a team that has sub-par talent the way it is and needs as much competition for minutes as possible. Bawinkel played for us you know!

He's not going to walk on anywhere, he's certainly worthy of a scholly. It might not be Iowa but he's not a bad player.

the kid is a top 100 player. a 4 star kid. he went to a top 15 school in Gonzaga and got hurt so he redshirted. Didn't play a lot of minutes this year but also had great talent ahead of him. He is a tall PG who is smart. Any team would be lucky to have him

the kid is a top 100 player. a 4 star kid. he went to a top 15 school in Gonzaga and got hurt so he redshirted. Didn't play a lot of minutes this year but also had great talent ahead of him. He is a tall PG who is smart. Any team would be lucky to have him

Well then you can have him in Ames. I have nothing against the kid, but I would not want to use a scholarship on him when you can bank scholarships and use them on kids in the '11, '12 and '13 classes.

Good luck to Gibbs where ever he ends up. I personally just hope it is not in Iowa City.

KCRG reported last night that his destination was probably going to be UNI. He would be a great fit there.

KCRG reported last night that his destination was probably going to be UNI. He would be a great fit there.

Agreed, and best of luck to Grant. Wish he had cast his lot with Iowa out of HS and avoided all the injuries, and the story could have had a happy Hawkeye ending.

Sorry if already discussed but is he more of a combo guard? Does he have the ball handling skills to play as a back-up point? Defensively , what is his quickness like? Does anyone know if he is a realistic target for Iowa and vice versa?
If he were to come in wouldn't he be in the same class as May and Payne (who seemingly have a similar skill sets)? Finally, is it just coincidence that he is transferring out of Gonzaga at the same time Iowa appears to be on the upswing?

He will not be offered a scholly to iowa, according to a news story in DSM Register.

Latest posts