Gramball at 97?

piperhawk

What does everyone think about GG possibly staying at 97? I am hoping he goes back down to 84. Maybe taking his time cutting the weight due to his concussion? I know 97 is a weaker class this year, but Grant looks way undersized for a 97 pounder!

What does everyone think about GG possibly staying at 97? I am hoping he goes back down to 84. Maybe taking his time cutting the weight due to his concussion? I know 97 is a weaker class this year, but Grant looks way undersized for a 97 pounder!

I also would like to see Grant wrestle at 184 for the 2nd half of the season.
If he stays at 197 lbs he is going to have a very hard time holding his own with the top 5 - 10 rated wrestlers at this weight class.
Most of these guy's are cutting 15 - 25 pounds to make the 197 weight class and have a huge physical advantage over Grant.
I understand that the UNI meet was one of his first matches of the year but was still concerned when UNI's red-shirt freshman looked bigger then Grant and made it difficult to score on with his size advantage.
If Grant stay's at 197 lbs then hopefully he can use his quickness and conditioning to compete at this weight class.

agree - GG is a top 3-4 guy at 184. I don't see GG being an AA at 197 this year. GG going at 197 opens up holes at 184 & 197 IMO. Certainly don't need GG at 184 right now but I'd feel a lot better about our chances come March if GG is at 184 by the end of January.

Latest posts