Got my NIT tickets!

glidinghawk

A couple other Hawks fans and I will be taking the 2.5 hour drive to Charlottesville tomorrow to watch the Hawkeyes beat down an ACC team in ACC country!

Our seats are directly across the court from the Hawks bench! This is a very nice arena, and it's going to be fun to watch the Cavaliers go down in their own house!

Last edited:
I hope you get to experience a Hawk road win. If that happens, rush the court and act like a gliding hawk so we know it's you.

Ballsey move. Virginia fans are gonna be up for this game. I'd act like a VA fan and scalp those ******* outside for triple, maybe quadruple the price. That'll set yourself up for a nice seafood dinner.

I hope you get to experience a Hawk road win. If that happens, rush the court and act like a gliding hawk so we know it's you.

I'll swoop and glide over the court for several minutes after the Hawks seal the deal.

Or I could dress up in a black and gold Hawk uni (with wings) and go into a 2 hour flapping act for the whole game, like this guy does for St. Joes.

What's the estimate on Iowa fans? A couple hundred?

The Virginia ticket office told me the visiting team gets no allotments for the fans. I also heard that the University of Iowa staff received only 50 tickets. UVA is probably on spring break (don't know for sure), but the total attendance will be down a little if it is. I think your estimate of 200 Iowa fans is probably pretty good. And they'll be scattered. The arena capacity is about 15K, and I think it was half full for their Sunday morning game. I expect about 10K on Wednesday night. I don't think I'll be doing a lot of cheering, because I wouldn't want the attention. Instead, I'll be laughing on the inside as I watch the Hawkeyes crush the Cavaliers!

And we'll make a very quick exit out of the arena, since we'll be decked out in black and gold. I hope the UVA fans are nicer than the Penn State fools. I thought I was going to get run out of town after going to Beaver Stadium and seeing Penn St. beat down Iowa in October 2011. Bunch of drunken clowns up there. I expect the ACC hoops crowd to be a bit more subdued. (I hope)

Ballsey move. Virginia fans are gonna be up for this game. I'd act like a VA fan and scalp those ******* outside for triple, maybe quadruple the price. That'll set yourself up for a nice seafood dinner.

We've got dinner reservations at 5:30 p.m. at The Local, a 10 minute drive from the arena. Great food there. I may have the Fennel and Mustard Crusted Salmon over fingerling potatoes and A.M. Fog Oyster Mushrooms with a vanilla saffron aioli and crispy parsnip and arugula salad. Or I may go the Iowa route and get the Meatloaf wrapped in bacon made with local ground beef, honey BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, and vegetable of the
day!

The Virginia ticket office told me the visiting team gets no allotments for the fans. I also heard that the University of Iowa staff received only 50 tickets. UVA is probably on spring break (don't know for sure), but the total attendance will be down a little if it is. I think your estimate of 200 Iowa fans is probably pretty good. And they'll be scattered. The arena capacity is about 15K, and I think it was half full for their Sunday morning game. I expect about 10K on Wednesday night. I don't think I'll be doing a lot of cheering, because I wouldn't want the attention. Instead, I'll be laughing on the inside as I watch the Hawkeyes crush the Cavaliers!

And we'll make a very quick exit out of the arena, since we'll be decked out in black and gold. I hope the UVA fans are nicer than the Penn State fools. I thought I was going to get run out of town after going to Beaver Stadium and seeing Penn St. beat down Iowa in October 2011. Bunch of drunken clowns up there. I expect the ACC hoops crowd to be a bit more subdued. (I hope)

I will be there, and I have absolutely no problem making it known whom I'll be cheering for...just saying. Look for at least 1, possibly 2 gold shirts in section 314.

We've got dinner reservations at 5:30 p.m. at The Local, a 10 minute drive from the arena. Great food there. I may have the Fennel and Mustard Crusted Salmon over fingerling potatoes and A.M. Fog Oyster Mushrooms with a vanilla saffron aioli and crispy parsnip and arugula salad. Or I may go the Iowa route and get the Meatloaf wrapped in bacon made with local ground beef, honey BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, and vegetable of the
day!

You are tops on my list of most obnoxious, rub it in, laughing at the rest of us, fans. thanks a lot.

day!

Dayum!

I don't think the UVA NIT crowd is going to be quite as rowdy as a Penn St football crowd, cheer away!

Latest posts