Gordon on Iowa Fans

I know this has been posted before - along with a video - i think from this fall camp - i hope iowa fan shows up this saturday......there is also one out there where he says he didn't think kinnick stadium was that loud - based on his recruiting visits........

http://badgerofhonor.com/2014/07/31/melvin-gordon-thrilled-another-trip-iowa-2014-setting-hostility/

Wisconsin's jump around is much louder than anything Iowa has ever done in Kinnick. It isn't like the crowd is going crazy with the burrito lift.

Wisconsin's jump around is much louder than anything Iowa has ever done in Kinnick. It isn't like the crowd is going crazy with the burrito lift.

"It wasn’t that loud when I was there, but it could have been where I was sitting," Gordon said. "From what I hear from different players, that was the loudest stadium that they’ve been to. Being on the field, you can't really hear. I know (running back) James (White) was telling me it was one of the loudest stadiums he’d ever been to. So I’m excited. I’m really excited to play Iowa and feel the atmosphere."

http://thegazette.com/2013/10/28/melvin-gordon-talks-about-spurning-iowa/

Gordon said that Iowa fans knew all about him and his history ...all the details, and made him aware of it

Get in his ear, Iowa fans, he fumbled twice last week....remind him.

Honestly Gordon seems like a nice kid.....nothing too viscious, please.

"It wasn’t that loud when I was there, but it could have been where I was sitting," Gordon said. "From what I hear from different players, that was the loudest stadium that they’ve been to. Being on the field, you can't really hear. I know (running back) James (White) was telling me it was one of the loudest stadiums he’d ever been to. So I’m excited. I’m really excited to play Iowa and feel the atmosphere."

http://thegazette.com/2013/10/28/melvin-gordon-talks-about-spurning-iowa/

That quote is about the 2010 game and it was very loud that day. It won't be as loud Saturday, I just hope we don't have huge spaces of empty seats.

I agree with JM that the 2010 Wiscy game was probably the loudest I've heard Kinnick. Maybe not for the entire game, but certainly at specific points during the game. So Gordon's comments are surprising.

I'll start us off.
Gordon your dance is this terrible!
Gordon you stink
Gordon you fumble all the time!
Gordon you are unable to keep a commitment!

There is a significant period of time in a game that doesn't entail dancing to songs.

If you watched the UW game last week, you would've noticed empty seats for that big matchup. Meh. I've never been so impressed with Cramp Randall. The views suck for many seats, and that stadium can get pretty quiet in many games.

Kinnick is really, really loud IF there is some reason to cheer. The problem is on the field. UW fans have a lot to cheer about the past few years...Iowa not so much.

The cute things that UW does like the 5th quarter and Jump Around are great things that add to the experience, but they don't ensure that the place is loud on 3rd down.

I live in Madison and have been to both Kinnick and Camp Randall many times.

I'll start us off.
Gordon your dance is this terrible!
Gordon you stink
Gordon you fumble all the time!
Gordon you are unable to keep a commitment!

I think you need to add:

I knew you wouldn't get 500 on Nebraska you loser!

I seen you get caught from behind like twice this year you ******!

You couldn't hold a candle to Red Grange...he's the real Ghost you Bucky-Ahole.

I sit in row 4 on the 27 yard line right behind the Wisconsin bench. Melvin Gordon will hear us. Just ask pat Fitzgerald. Man we let him have it, it was great.

2010 Wisconsin was the consistently loudest I've heard Kinnick. It got real loud.

This. Nobody in the stadium sat down that whole game. Screaming Norm on 3rd down. The feeling in that place was electric. Off the charts. That game is the measuring stick.

My hope is we can return to some of that Saturday. If the offense can make some plays and the D can keep it competitive, it'll be noisy for sure. I'll be in the north end zone doing my part. Go Hawks!!

I've got a feeling Gordon is going to punish Iowa fans through his performance this week. I bet he goes for 275 plus.

I agree with JM that the 2010 Wiscy game was probably the loudest I've heard Kinnick. Maybe not for the entire game, but certainly at specific points during the game. So Gordon's comments are surprising.

he was at the ohio state game for his official visit, i believe - the quote comes from the article i linked - and talked about him going to see the OSU game - now, that being said, he might have been at the wisconsin game as well. not sure what game he is referencing, but i'm guessing OSU.

Latest posts