Gophers win the NIT

Richard Pitino does ok. Beats old man Larry Brown.

That's amazing to think about that. Brown is 74 and little Richard 29. Brown was at Kansas when Richard was born. I'm happy for the Squinnydogs and as annoying of a little nerdy coach Richard is I think he's going to be a great coach.

Good for minney...but honestly who cares?

If you think this primes Minney for a big run next season to the NCAA, um, not so fast.
Didn't necessarily prime Iowa for this season, did it?
Minney loses a couple guys from this season's, including Hollins who lit it up the last few games.
Honestly, they really weren't that good this year. The NIT field must have been awfully weak.

All I read last year was that the NIT didn't mean anything and that it was better to go to the NCAA.

Well, it was better to go to the NCAA than to the NIT. Minnesota would have traded what it achieved for our trip to the Big Dance in a second.

And next year, we will be better than them ... again.

Lol.... NIT

I think about as many people know who won my West Des Moines rec league title as who won the NIT.

It's good live game practice.

ha ha the one thing Cyclone and Hawkeye fans agree on is that we can both make fun of the Gophers. So Doublewide throws out a little jab and Gohawkz goes all Gary Busey on him with, not one, but TWO replies to the same post. Lighten up Go - why do feel you have to come to MNs defense, anyway? You're hilarious!

All I got from that was that your sister is fat.

Man-clapping.gif

The winner of the NIT is a hell of a lot better than many of the teams in the NCAA.

I know your team had a good tournament year in 2014, but in my 38 years, I've seen a lot of years when Iowa State's basketball team would kill for an NIT win.

You're pretty damn cocky for a team that has for the most part sucked for decades.

People like you are what sucks with the internet. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and an Iowa fan. My sister graduated from Iowa State, growing up I wanted Iowa to win but cheered for Iowa State when they weren't playing Iowa.

Now after seeing ******** on the net I want Iowa State to lose every game. You're talking **** about Minnesota? Hope it makes you feel like a tough guy. Iowa's football team finished in the top ten several years but even though the only top ten Iowa State has ever finished is the fattest girls but still you still keep going.

Lets start this over in a civil matter.

1. If you truly believe the winner of the NIT is better than being in the tournament than I can't help you.
2. I am still laughing you suggested that
3. Still chuckling but a little less because I feel sorry for you.
4. Sure ISU has sucked for decades, did I ever say other wise? Nope...Pretty sure Iowa hasn't been the gold standard of basketball either but lets carry on.
5. If I am what sucks about the internet then its probably time you log off for good.
6. Lets meet up for lunch and be friends?

Last edited: