Gopher fans chanting “We hate Iowa”

I live up here and it is funny because that is all they have. They chant that because that is all they have. No other team really cares for them to see them as a rival and they think since we are a border state that we should care and we don't.

The Minnesota Badger sports are so lackluster up here they need anything to try and light a fire to stay relevant. The last time they were relevant in Basketball they had to cheat to get there. Maybe Ritchie can get some advice from his dad and really start cheating again.

I'm assuming this was intentional, either way it made me laugh. I now like Target.

Till they have a couple of their fans that are complete strangers hook up in one of Kinnick or Carvers bathrooms they ain't got nothing on us. Or win a BIG title on our field and carry the goal posts around...

The one nice thing about the officiating in yesterday's game is that it was so atrocious on both sides that it ended up evening out. There were some no-calls on our guys in the post (particular Kriener and Pemsl), that if I were rooting for the other side, i'd have been pissed. The amount of contact they would let go was damn near criminal....but then it was like they realized how out of hand it was getting and would start calling touch fouls. That midget ref that dresses in shirts 5 sizes too small (I think his name is Scirotto) is so bad....

She is the absolute epitome of the Minnesota fan base, run their mouths and obsess about Iowa, but play the victim and pushes the narrative of “Iowa being obsessed with Minnesota” when they take yet another L... They want Iowa to care so bad, typical Minnesota passive aggressive.

She is the absolute epitome of the Minnesota fan base, run their mouths and obsess about Iowa, but play the victim and pushes the narrative of “Iowa being obsessed with Minnesota” when they take yet another L... They want Iowa to care so bad, typical Minnesota passive aggressive.
That, my unfortunate hawk fan living in Minneapolis, is a class A cu**. Somebody mentioned their Twitter page was blowing the F up. It was mostly her.

Did they take that out into the parking lot and cut it up into short pieces and use it as driveway markers out on the farm? :D

So it sounded like the Gopher fans were chanting “We hate Iowa”. Does anyone know if this is the only team they do this towards or do they chant this at other teams?
If it is just the Hawkeyes... I guess that is cool!

what i heard live on t.v. was "We hate...losing to...Iowa." :)

Not sure how much of it is about U I. When Im in southern Iowa or north Missouri, Iowans seem to be obsessed with hating on Missouri with insults.

On a much lesser scale you here it between central Iowa and dissing south Iowa..

It appears to be an epidemic sickness

One that slowly eats the brain cells, gobbles them up

Voraciously

giphy.gif

:cool:

OK. I am old. I get it. But, basketball should not be the crazy physical mess it has become. I watched my dvr last night and the play under the basket was ridiculously brutal. Also, I watched the defenders on JW and it looked like a mugging in an alley.

One thing I noticed was Cordell and Ryan slamming those nasty gophers around

And giving no ground

JoeW was in there also

Hawks Play Tough

And take no prisoners

DeliciousBronzeIguana-size_restricted.gif

The one nice thing about the officiating in yesterday's game is that it was so atrocious on both sides that it ended up evening out. There were some no-calls on our guys in the post (particular Kriener and Pemsl), that if I were rooting for the other side, i'd have been pissed. The amount of contact they would let go was damn near criminal....but then it was like they realized how out of hand it was getting and would start calling touch fouls. That midget ref that dresses in shirts 5 sizes too small (I think his name is Scirotto) is so bad....
Yeah there was also that hip check that Garza had prior to fouling out on that I was all but certain they were going to call that they didn't. If they had he wouldn't have hit that last 3 pointer and who knows how the dominos fall after that. Just an absolute mess of a game. Glad to be on the right side of it but we were a couple FTs and OT or any other combination of a couple plays away from losing. Crazy game

One thing I will get the refs credit for is that they weren't calling Ts. I thought they were going to T up Pemsl and Fran at different times. Maybe that was their way of acknowledging that they knew how bad they'd been... But that's as far as I'll go with praising them. Beyond that it was a disaster

Latest posts