Gopher fans chanting “We hate Iowa”

greghammel

So it sounded like the Gopher fans were chanting “We hate Iowa”. Does anyone know if this is the only team they do this towards or do they chant this at other teams?
If it is just the Hawkeyes... I guess that is cool!

So it sounded like the Gopher fans were chanting “We hate Iowa”. Does anyone know if this is the only team they do this towards or do they chant this at other teams.
Right now they should hate their own team a lot more.

A week off to rest and prepare and that's the best they could do?

Wonder if lil' Richie is feeling some heat up there!

So it sounded like the Gopher fans were chanting “We hate Iowa”. Does anyone know if this is the only team they do this towards or do they chant this at other teams?
I think it's just Iowa. And the funny thing is, no one from Iowa gives two sharts about MN. I wouldn't even call them rivals. Just another mediocre basketball and football program whom we happen to own.

Sorta like isu. So desperate to get noticed by HawkeyeNation, yet irrelevant.

I think it's just Iowa. And the funny thing is, no one from Iowa gives two sharts about MN. I wouldn't even call them rivals. Just another mediocre basketball and football program whom we happen to own.

Sorta like isu. So desperate to get noticed by HawkeyeNation, yet irrelevant.
Ask Estron, Drummer, or anyone else on this board who lives in the twin cities area.

Minnesotans have an incredible inferiority complex. And the fact that we don't give two sharts about them probably fuels that complex even more.

It's just Iowa and they chant it at games even when they're not playing Iowa. It's really weird and fanatical

I think it is nice because the hawks have given them a reason for it. Crushed them at wrestling,swept in Bball, knocked them off their undefeated perch in football and Minny's win in the bowl game showed they were a very good, not excellent, but very good football team

I live up here and it is funny because that is all they have. They chant that because that is all they have. No other team really cares for them to see them as a rival and they think since we are a border state that we should care and we don't.

The Minnesota Badger sports are so lackluster up here they need anything to try and light a fire to stay relevant. The last time they were relevant in Basketball they had to cheat to get there. Maybe Ritchie can get some advice from his dad and really start cheating again.

***Another one of these threads.....its been stated a thousand times that Minny is jealous of Iowa in the success we have in various top line sports. And this weekend, again, two victories vs those losers. (Actually an ass kicking blended with a narrow road win). Close thread please*****

Ask Estron, Drummer, or anyone else on this board who lives in the twin cities area.

Minnesotans have an incredible inferiority complex. And the fact that we don't give two sharts about them probably fuels that complex even more.

Their own state doesn't give two shoots about them. Vikings rule here.

Looks like Iowa is living rent-free in gopher nation-heads.
Happy that those gopher punks can go home and warm up with their Minnesota snow-cow girlfriends.
Don't forget to pick up a bag o' flour on the way home boys, you'll need it!

Looks like Iowa is living rent-free in gopher nation-heads.
Happy that those gopher punks can go home and warm up with their Minnesota snow-cow girlfriends.
Don't forget to pick up a bag o' flour on the way home boys, you'll need it!
I won't ask why they would need the flour.

I already know.;)

It's hard for Minnesota Basketball to "Row the Boat" when all their lakes are frozen over in winter time.
My two impressions of Bemidji when I was there about twenty years ago.
  • It was late October and the sun was already lower in the sky than it is in December in Iowa.
  • The Chamber of Commerce had the following tidbit in their brochure. Average date of Lake Bemidji ice thaw. April 27.
Ice fishing isn't a bad way to get outdoors on a mid winter afternoon. But two weeks before Mother's Day?

Latest posts