Google Maps - Gameday Edition

Hawkfromnorwalk

Ok, so Google didn't actually do anything specific for a gameday but if you go onto maps and zoom in on Kinnick it was clearly done on a Saturday morning last year, probably the UNI game. It's pretty cool to see.

here's what it shows for sattelite. You looking at GoogleEarth?

kinnick_zpsfae4af6a.jpg

If you zoom all the way in, the stands are empty (not even the seatbacks) and the new practice facility isn't built yet. Zoom out a couple, the practice facility is done, the parking lot next to the press box is full, and the seatbacks are in.

Use Google Earth,not Google Maps. There is a difference. A few purple tents in Kinnick Society parking. Lots of fans in the parking lots. Really cool.

I tell you what, if the Hawks don't start winning, the disappearing fans on Google map will start to become a reality.

With that said, I expect a comfortable win tomorrow. This year's team will not resemble last year's. Too much pride from the players on up to allow that to happen again. It may be preseason sunshine and blue sky on my part, but my sense is that this will be a much better year.

Latest posts