Google Chrome

tm3308

I've been having all kinds of trouble with IE on both this site and CF. My browser constantly stops responding (upwards of 15 times a day if I'm on these sites enough).

Today, I made the switch to Google Chrome, and have yet to have a single problem. It's just unbelievable how much difference the browser makes around here.

Chrome is lean and mean but I have to admit there are some minor things on this site I can't do with it, such as rate threads and post pics. Other than that I use it for 99.9% of my browsing.

Chrome is lean and mean but I have to admit there are some minor things on this site I can't do with it, such as rate threads and post pics. Other than that I use it for 99.9% of my browsing.

u think those things drag it down some?

I haven't been able to upload my old avatar since the migration, so that's not been a big downside for me on Chrome. If that ever gets fixed I'll upload it on IE. I'm getting sick of not having one.

I haven't been able to upload my old avatar since the migration, so that's not been a big downside for me on Chrome. If that ever gets fixed I'll upload it on IE. I'm getting sick of not having one.

This. I think Czar Miller put us both on Avatar probation :(

If I'm reading you right, no, it's no big deal to me to be able to rate threads or post pics.

No, I meant if you thought those were things slowing down the site. I am going to try to cut as much dead weight like that as I can in the next redsign. I have never rated a thread, I dont ever change viewing methods, etc

No, I meant if you thought those were things slowing down the site. I am going to try to cut as much dead weight like that as I can in the next redsign. I have never rated a thread, I dont ever change viewing methods, etc

I doubt thread rating gets much use. I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned it a day or two ago.

I do think a non-anonymous rep capability would get a lot of use.

I doubt thread rating gets much use. I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned it a day or two ago.

I do think a non-anonymous rep capability would get a lot of use.

This. I do like that about CyFan. It's nice to get rep and always know who it's from and for which posts.

Sorry, this isn't cyfan. Thanks for playing.

So what? Rep is a nice little feature, and it got used a lot here even when it was anonymous. And it gets used a lot at CF too. Hell, I haven't posted there that much (like 600 posts in 6 months, most of which were racked up during the conference realignment), and I've been "repped" like 15 times. It gets a lot of use.

google chrome also stops virus attacks from what ive heard i just recently switched due to a major virus on my computer...very sleek and fast

google chrome also stops virus attacks from what ive heard i just recently switched due to a major virus on my computer...very sleek and fast

I also just got a major virus last week (left my computer on this site AND CF when I left for work, when I got back my computer was going nuts). I haven't had a single thing go wrong with Chrome so far. There are a few very minor drawbacks (can't bold or italicize text around here, pic uploading, etc.), but overall well worth the switch.

I also just got a major virus last week (left my computer on this site AND CF when I left for work, when I got back my computer was going nuts). I haven't had a single thing go wrong with Chrome so far. There are a few very minor drawbacks (can't bold or italicize text around here, pic uploading, etc.), but overall well worth the switch.

I can bold and italicize with Chrome but I can't post pics.

Latest posts