Goofers favored by 1

This. Iowa State is really ******* bad this year. Minnesota at least has a solid defense.

I was at the last Goof game in TCF. Their D is not solid, not by any stretch. Their D backs got torched for nearly 400 yds passing against San J St. And San J St. did not run the ball hardly at all so I do not know how tough the goofballs are against the run.

I like our chances. This being said, if we bumble and stumble like the last two times up there, turning the ball over multiple times, getting burned on fake punts and onside kicks, then all is out the window and the goofers could win.

I was in Minneapolis this past weekend for Oktoberfest and went to the Goofer's game due to the fact that my friend has season tickets. I hate missing the Hawks' games but Oktoberfest is fun and I felt pretty confident that the Hawks would roll. Anyway, Minny has zero passing game without Nelson so they ran a read option in which the QB (Leidner) kept the ball 90% of the time. Leidner is a big strong kid but not Michael Vick. If Nelson can't go, that read option will fizzle for the Goophs plus, if Leidner refuses to hand off the ball he will likely get hurt (I hope not) and they will have to finish the game with a third stringer. Minny's secondary is pretty bad, especially the right corner who was picked on repeatedly by San Jose St's QB Fales with a great deal of success. San Jose St only ran the ball 17 times but that wasn't San Jose St's strength going into the game. This game was never really in hand for the Gophers until the 4th quarter. I think we match up well with Minnesota, especially if Nelson can't go. If Leidner plays the majority of the game we should win handily. If Nelson plays and our secondary plays well, we still win. I think we keep their running game in check regardless. Minnesota's kicker missed 2 PATs and looks to be a weakness as well. Iowa- 34, Minn- 17 (bigger win for Iowa if Nelson can't go)

I was at the last Goof game in TCF. Their D is not solid, not by any stretch. Their D backs got torched for nearly 400 yds passing against San J St. And San J St. did not run the ball hardly at all so I do not know how tough the goofballs are against the run.

I like our chances. This being said, if we bumble and stumble like the last two times up there, turning the ball over multiple times, getting burned on fake punts and onside kicks, then all is out the window and the goofers could win.

That San Jose QB that torched them is supposed to be in the NFL next year. I don't think we can count on the same production. They were a bowl team last year. And the gophers torched them.

I don't know if we need Rudock to do that much. I think he just needs to be efficient, move the chains on third down, and take some pressure off of Weisman. Numbers in the 16 for 25 for 200 2/1 range should do it, as long as we get good production in the run game. The defense is stout. We just need some balance on O and we'll be right as rain.

But you're right, if they stop us in the run game, then we're gonna need Rudock to put up numbers. More importantly, we're gonna need Hilyer, Powell and Smith to step up. Not out of the realm of possibility, but not something you'd want to wager on.

I hope the O-line just shoves it down their goofer throats.

Between the Rudock stat line call (he finished 15/25 for 218 1/1) and the score prediction (24-9), I love me some me.

Latest posts