Goofers favored by 1

Hawkfromnorwalk

According to vegasinsider. I personally think the Goofers are only slightly better than the clowns. Wrong team is favored.

Minnesota is light years better than the Clowns. Neither team is great, but I think Minny beats ISU by 10-14...

The right team is favored in a pick'em game, but Iowa can easily win this game if they remember to keep their foot on the gas in the second half.

I really like Iowa's chances in this game. If Minnesota thinks they can beat Iowa by throwing less than 15 times they've got another thing coming.

I think the Rodents have better athletes than Iowa State. But I think Iowa is better in most areas. Stop their run, make them throw the ball. A steady dose of Weisman to make them stack the box and then some play action to burn them.

They don't set lines based on who they think will win they set lines to equalize betting. You pay them to take the bet so if they zero out on the actual bet they are happy.

There is also the fact that Iowa is on the road for the first time this BIG season. If the Hawks keep up the intesity all 4 qtrs and play mistake free, they can win by 10. If they don't, they can lose by 10. I don't think the win at Ames is a true litmus test as the cryclowns really are a bad a team. Plus, we didn't complete the game; we left the door open.

I like the way Iowa matches up with Minny. We can stop their running game, and that's pretty much all Minny's got. That's a good betting line for the hawkeyes.

I like the way Iowa matches up with Minny. We can stop their running game, and that's pretty much all Minny's got. That's a good betting line for the hawkeyes.

Agreed. We are strong against the run and that seems to be all they can do. It is a good matchup for us.

We get 7 on our first off drive, We win. My hope is we can start fast and finish off the first couple drives.

BTW, I expect Very little blitzing unless their qb can show ability to pass.

Sounds about right (basically a pickem). Minnesota has an identity on offense, and runs the ball very, very well. ISU...doesn't.

This should be a great game...might almost live up to being an ABC game.

This game hinges on the performance of our O-line, especially in pass protection. We win that battle, we win the game. I like our chances.

Sounds about right (basically a pickem). Minnesota has an identity on offense, and runs the ball very, very well. ISU...doesn't.

This should be a great game...might almost live up to being an ABC game.

I'm just not sold on any teams ability to do anything when they have played who Minny has played... We've played one good teamm too...and let me tell you, NIU's passing game blows away anything Minny has. I also think the NIU offensive line is much better than Minnesota's offensive line and they couldnt run the run the ball on us. I think Nelson or someone is going to have to show us they can throw...otherwise, if we don't turn the turn the ball over, I think we will pretty easily.

This game hinges on the performance of our O-line, especially in pass protection. We win that battle, we win the game. I like our chances.

Agreed, Grape. I think Minny will load the box and we will need to throw verticle routes (not long bombs all the time, but, say, seem routes to our TE's), or we'll be running into a brick wall. Rudock needs 275 to 300 and at least 2 td's; then I think we win.

They don't set lines based on who they think will win they set lines to equalize betting. You pay them to take the bet so if they zero out on the actual bet they are happy.

This is one of the biggest misconception in the betting world. The opening line is super crucial Vegas insider isn't exactly the best source but it will do. All big money is bet early in the week the sharps/wiseguys will come in on Monday or Tuesday. There is no evening out the sides. There are millions and millions of dollars spent on having accurate opening lines.

Agreed, Grape. I think Minny will load the box and we will need to throw verticle routes (not long bombs all the time, but, say, seem routes to our TE's), or we'll be running into a brick wall. Rudock needs 275 to 300 and at least 2 td's; then I think we win.

I don't know if we need Rudock to do that much. I think he just needs to be efficient, move the chains on third down, and take some pressure off of Weisman. Numbers in the 16 for 25 for 200 2/1 range should do it, as long as we get good production in the run game. The defense is stout. We just need some balance on O and we'll be right as rain.

But you're right, if they stop us in the run game, then we're gonna need Rudock to put up numbers. More importantly, we're gonna need Hilyer, Powell and Smith to step up. Not out of the realm of possibility, but not something you'd want to wager on.

I hope the O-line just shoves it down their goofer throats.

This is one of the biggest misconception in the betting world. The opening line is super crucial Vegas insider isn't exactly the best source but it will do. All big money is bet early in the week the sharps/wiseguys will come in on Monday or Tuesday. There is no evening out the sides. There are millions and millions of dollars spent on having accurate opening lines.

So you're saying they want everyone to bet one side? Why do you think they move the line? Because one side is bet too heavy and the house doesn't want to get crushed.

Well I agree with what people above said about having a passing attack. I am curious if Iowa will come out and try to impose its will and dictate or take what they give us. History shows the former.

I'm sure there are good reasons to simply force your will on another team because once you prove you can run against 8 guys you've pretty much got 'em. But that is a process. KF seems to enjoy the process at times more than just getting the outcome. I'm sure he'd tell me I'm wrong about that though

Latest posts