Goodson Combine

RyDogg

Haven't seen anything posted on this but thought Tyler looked really good at the combine yesterday. Strong 40 time and looked really good in the RB drills.

It was kind of funny that he went right before Hall and in my mind looked faster, quicker and had better footwork, but the announcers kept gushing over Hall like he was the next coming.

Happy for Tyler and hope he gets a real shot.

Go Hawks

Linderbaum and Belton were our other invitees. Linderbaum's arms were measured as the shortest in the last 5 years of OL that played 800+ snaps. Because of that, he basically has no chance of being drafted, so he didn't even bother testing.

DB's haven't tested, only interviewed.

Linderbaum and Belton were our other invitees. Linderbaum's arms were measured as the shortest in the last 5 years of OL that played 800+ snaps. Because of that, he basically has no chance of being drafted, so he didn't even bother testing.

Robert Gallery says hi

Poor Lindy he shoulda stuck with wrestling... Kidding. Dude is gonna be a stud for a long time in the NFL just hope he gets on a decent team and not one of the NY ones.

Belton did really well I thought. He's going to be the beneficiary of guys like Stone and Hooker having gone the last couple yrs playing the similar position he does. Someone will want him I'm sure

Goodson did a world of good for himself. I bet he went from maybe not getting drafted at all to he'll be a top 10 back taken. I bet they'll have a run on them in the 3rd-6th round

Good thing he did well since he bailed on the team to go train for it in TX while team was going through bowl prep. (I'm not sure why that irked me. Felt like he coulda stayed with team and still trained and went to bowl game without playing in it) I wonder if KF didn't want him around if he wasn't going to play or how that decision was made. That coulda been a mutual thing for all I know. And I shouldn't have any beef with it since nobody else did. It just irked me at the time when I first heard it

Poor Lindy he shoulda stuck with wrestling... Kidding. Dude is gonna be a stud for a long time in the NFL just hope he gets on a decent team and not one of the NY ones.

Belton did really well I thought. He's going to be the beneficiary of guys like Stone and Hooker having gone the last couple yrs playing the similar position he does. Someone will want him I'm sure

Goodson did a world of good for himself. I bet he went from maybe not getting drafted at all to he'll be a top 10 back taken. I bet they'll have a run on them in the 3rd-6th round

Good thing he did well since he bailed on the team to go train for it in TX while team was going through bowl prep. (I'm not sure why that irked me. Felt like he coulda stayed with team and still trained and went to bowl game without playing in it) I wonder if KF didn't want him around if he wasn't going to play or how that decision was made. That coulda been a mutual thing for all I know. And I shouldn't have any beef with it since nobody else did. It just irked me at the time when I first heard it
Leave Iowa to train in Texas = can hire a manager.
Stay with team to train = no manager.

You just did a stupid re-write of history.
How so? Gallery was an absolute monster at IOWA. No doubt. That's why he went #2 in the draft.

He started well in the NFL but went downhill after his first couple of years. For a guy who was called one of the best OLs out of college in years, his pro career is widely seen as disappointing. Some use the word "bust". That's not my opinion...it's that of many others who know a lot more about pro football than you or me.

Ignore the parts of history you wish to forget or shoot the messenger if that makes you feels better.

Last edited:
Omission of whole story. It was well documented that multiple coaching changes, multiple position changes, and turmoil in the program that was dominate for years contributed greatly to his performance. Google it.

While Gallery was originally seen as a bust as an LT and #2 pick, he actually started out as a RT with the Raiders and did well for 2 seasons before moving to LT and playing poorly during a horrible season overall for the Raiders. He eventually switched to Guard and ended up having a good career there if I remember correctly.

While Gallery was originally seen as a bust as an LT and #2 pick, he actually started out as a RT with the Raiders and did well for 2 seasons before moving to LT and playing poorly during a horrible season overall for the Raiders. He eventually switched to Guard and ended up having a good career there if I remember correctly.
That's the way I remember it, too.

No way. Add Chuck Long to that conversation.
Both went to inept organizations.
and? So if Long went to the Dolphins, Bears, Giants, 49ers, Redskins he would have been all-pro? Don't think so (and you'll have to look long and hard to find a bigger Chuck Long fan).

The league is loaded with great players on bad teams.

Latest posts