Goodson, B Smith, Brents....

HawkeyeWalker

Obviously B Smith and Brent's injuries were much more significant than thought.

Anyone know about Goodson injury?

B Smith was really coming on and with ISM and Tracy... I dig that.

I still believe Brent's has the most upside of any db. With OJ, Hankins, Stone playing high level. Brents is a huge bonus

Gotta believe we are full go by the bowl? Or us Brents a injury redshirt at this point....

The obvious reason that Goodson played is that he's the best RB on our roster. The actual reason he played vs not playing is I'm guessing the staff realizes that we get 3 years of him. Might as well make So and Jr years special with some legitimate snaps as a Frosh instead of redshirting. Oh, also, read my first sentence again. It has the potential to be a really fun next couple of seasons. There is a ton of talent that is already or somewhat proven as Freshmen/Sophomores with a ton of talent waiting their turns.

Obviously B Smith and Brent's injuries were much more significant than thought.

Anyone know about Goodson injury?

B Smith was really coming on and with ISM and Tracy... I dig that.

I still believe Brent's has the most upside of any db. With OJ, Hankins, Stone playing high level. Brents is a huge bonus

Gotta believe we are full go by the bowl? Or us Brents a injury redshirt at this point....
Losing B. Smith might have won Duncan the Groza.
I think we lost a lot in the red zone when he went down. Not only is he a big, strong option at WR, he is a hell of a blocker. When he went down we lost one weapon and hurt our run game in the red zone.

The real question is whether AJE or Wirfs will play in the bowl.
Yes and yes, because there is a buzz that both may be coming back.

If they decide to leave AND decide to skip the bowl I harbor no hard feelings. They are great Hawks who deserve to chase their pro dream without another year of free hits, again if that's what they decide to do.

I think the outside noise (read: family) got to Noah Fant. If it were up to him exclusively I believe he would have played. I think the concussion that slowed his junior season, more than any perceived friction with the coaching staff, was the alarm bell that hastened Noah's and Noah's family's decision.