Good win

The Big Ten title game the D hung for over a half. Iowa blew two scoring chances and the D fell for a trick play. Well their best defensive players are in the NFL now and the offense that Iowa controlled for most of the game is back. Iowa has a chip on their shoulder and they are going to find a way to win this one. It might not be pretty but I don't care.

To answer your last question: Next week against Michigan.

You know I totally agree with everything you said. Yes, I was taking somewhat of a positive view.

I stated in another comment that Rutgers is bottom rung in the conference. So there is that to consider.

It’s unfortunate that Barta is such a wimp. Years ago he should have addresses this pathetic offensive mindset. With the money, facilities, and fan base there is no excuse for it to be acceptable. It’s a damn anchor that keeps the football program from taking a B1G step forward. Pride and ego are the enemy. “It’s my damn way or nothing.” Obviously Parker has figured out the defense. He didn’t make up a bunch of damn excuses of why we should have a bottom cellar defense.

Gutless Gary won’t approach the holy throne of Kirk and demand a more expansive offense.

I posted a link in another thread that showed that Kirk’s accumulated salary from 2010 to 2020 was the fourth highest in college football. During that same period we didn’t even have one offense that ranked in the top fifty. Defense was great but offense was offensive, pathetic, putrid ……… for ten years. This should not be acceptable, no how, no way.

Good God if Parker accepted this attitude we would be bottom of the barrel in the conference. Unless this offense makes big strides Barta needs to take charge and fire Brian and seek out someone who has a history of having success with offenses. Lay down the law to Kirk. This Coordinator has total say so over the offense. How much more evidence do you need that this side of the ball has been a failure. This is just stupid beyond belief.
Kirk is paid to win fb games. Stats don’t mean shit if you don’t win. Iowa has won a ton of fb games over the last 10 years. That is the bottom line when it comes to Kirk and his salary. Minus 2012/2013/2014 I have enjoyed the past 10 years of Hawkeye fb.

And agree there must be dramatic improvement quickly in the offense or Kirk needs to let Brian go cause unlike Kirk, Brian’s pay does revolve around stats.

Kirk is paid to win fb games. Stats don’t mean shit if you don’t win. Iowa has won a ton of fb games over the last 10 years. That is the bottom line when it comes to Kirk and his salary. Minus 2012/2013/2014 I have enjoyed the past 10 years of Hawkeye fb.

And I think every hawk fan would agree there must be dramatic improvement quickly in the offense or Kirk needs to let Brian go cause unlike Kirk, Brian’s pay does revolve around stats.

Latest posts