Good win

The way I look at it....at least Iowa had somewhat of a pulse on offense..showed some things in the running game and did hit one receiver down field for a big gain. No turnovers. Petras was more accurate but still Bambi on ice at times.

Michigan looked mortal.

Y’all gonna hate it when Iowa enters the top 25 next week. It’s gonna be terrible and I’m sure we’ll all be embarrassed.

This is how Iowa is going to win games this year. Exactly what you saw Saturday evening. Barring injuries, if you expect some dramatic change then I don’t know what to tell you.

I didn’t have many problems with the offense. We blocked well and ran well. As long as Petras doesn’t throw picks anything he does is a bonus.

11-17 passing for 148
129 rush yards
Line opened some good holes
1-9 on third down, just terrible
Agreed. But terrible may be good enough when nobody can score more than ten points on you.

Someone is going to come to Iowa, run it 50 times, and just wear the Iowa defense down not caring about the score preventing passing turnovers, and Iowa's offense won't be up to scoring once. That will be OSU/Mich.

Everyone else will have to try to throw some, and will end up in the same situation as Rutgers. If Iowa doesn't turn the ball over and gets a few 1st downs, they'll be in position to win. Except against Purdue because Purdue.

Didn't watch, visiting family, able to check score once in awhile- so basically, it was Defense 14, Offense 13, Rutgers 10....right? Winning formula, Iowa style. And Cooper Dejean is only a sophomore?

Y’all gonna hate it when Iowa enters the top 25 next week. It’s gonna be terrible and I’m sure we’ll all be embarrassed.
All a ranking does is it gets
Not embarrassed but all the talking heads like Cowherd will be mocking the ranking because of our smoke and mirror offense.

Agreed. But terrible may be good enough when nobody can score more than ten points on you.

Someone is going to come to Iowa, run it 50 times, and just wear the Iowa defense down not caring about the score preventing passing turnovers, and Iowa's offense won't be up to scoring once. That will be OSU/Mich.

Everyone else will have to try to throw some, and will end up in the same situation as Rutgers. If Iowa doesn't turn the ball over and gets a few 1st downs, they'll be in position to win. Except against Purdue because Purdue.
This exactly. We’re gonna see Michigan pound the rock over and over and over this Saturday. Defense will hold up for the first half but if the offense can not move the ball forcing the D to constantly be on the field the D is gonna wear down. Even if we’re able to rotate 7-8 guys on the line. If the hawks can constantly force 3 & outs against Michigan then they can beat them w/ a 10-13 type score. OsU on the other hand will beat the hawks just like they beat wisc however I don’t see how iowa scores 21 pts and don’t see osu dropping 52 on the hawks. Might b something like 13-34 or somewhere close to it.

Defense excellent as expected. Offense showing improvement.
I want to believe this BigD. But saw this on the interwebs and it makes me wonder....

Interesting...stats are misleading. Did the oline and run game take a step forward? Or was RU "good" run defense smoke and mirrors.

"Yeah, I am reading Iowa fans as saying last night was OL progress. Well, Rutgers build up some phantom stats against the two of the worst rushing teams in America (Temple/BC) and an 0-3 FCS team. Make no mistake, that RU defensive line was NOT Big Ten level. Not close."

Also, I "Think" our defense is really really good, right? They looks really good, fast, pressure with 4 dline, defensive tds, turnovers, safeties., etc. By all accounts they are next level good.

What's the best offense we've faced?

I want to believe this BigD. But saw this on the interwebs and it makes me wonder....

Interesting...stats are misleading. Did the oline and run game take a step forward? Or was RU "good" run defense smoke and mirrors.

"Yeah, I am reading Iowa fans as saying last night was OL progress. Well, Rutgers build up some phantom stats against the two of the worst rushing teams in America (Temple/BC) and an 0-3 FCS team. Make no mistake, that RU defensive line was NOT Big Ten level. Not close."

Also, I "Think" our defense is really really good, right? They looks really good, fast, pressure with 4 dline, defensive tds, turnovers, safeties., etc. By all accounts they are next level good.

What's the best offense we've faced?

To answer your last question: Next week against Michigan.

You know I totally agree with everything you said. Yes, I was taking somewhat of a positive view.

I stated in another comment that Rutgers is bottom rung in the conference. So there is that to consider.

It’s unfortunate that Barta is such a wimp. Years ago he should have addresses this pathetic offensive mindset. With the money, facilities, and fan base there is no excuse for it to be acceptable. It’s a damn anchor that keeps the football program from taking a B1G step forward. Pride and ego are the enemy. “It’s my damn way or nothing.” Obviously Parker has figured out the defense. He didn’t make up a bunch of damn excuses of why we should have a bottom cellar defense.

Gutless Gary won’t approach the holy throne of Kirk and demand a more expansive offense.

I posted a link in another thread that showed that Kirk’s accumulated salary from 2010 to 2020 was the fourth highest in college football. During that same period we didn’t even have one offense that ranked in the top fifty. Defense was great but offense was offensive, pathetic, putrid ……… for ten years. This should not be acceptable, no how, no way.

Good God if Parker accepted this attitude we would be bottom of the barrel in the conference. Unless this offense makes big strides Barta needs to take charge and fire Brian and seek out someone who has a history of having success with offenses. Lay down the law to Kirk. This Coordinator has total say so over the offense. How much more evidence do you need that this side of the ball has been a failure. This is just stupid beyond belief.