Good win today, beat a good team

Oddly enough, with Pemsl and Evelyn playing well we have a plenty long bench to make a run, and get Joe W and Garza rests throughout the game. Today Fran probably wished he would have got Pemsl back in there more in the 2H and Toussaint too, a lot of guys were contributing.
I have been surprised in games where Iowa seems to be struggling to stop perimeter players defensively that Fran doesn't put Toussaint back in the game. I get that his offensive struggles at times hurt the team but he does seem to be one of our best perimeter defenders.

The DB means you start play Friday in the quarter finals. Yes. 3 wins and you're BTT Champs.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember so many times that having to win four games in a row meant you pretty much were a very low seed. That chances of doing that were very low because of the demands of playing four days in row where as the higher seeded teams had a huge advantage having been rested. Playing three games in a row is still expecting a lot. Maybe they should start the season a week earlier or push back the tournament to allow a day of rest between the games.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember so many times that having to win four games in a row meant you pretty much were a very low seed. That chances of doing that were very low because of the demands of playing four days in row where as the higher seeded teams had a huge advantage having been rested. Playing three games in a row is still expecting a lot. Maybe they should start the season a week earlier or push back the tournament to allow a day of rest between the games.
Michigan won it as an 8 seed in 2017, including one game going into OT.

Oftentimes teams that play and win on Thursday come out and play very well the following day. They are comfortable in the gym with their pregame routine whereas the opponent is playing for the first time in a week on an unfamiliar floor.

Iowa has pretty much lost its first game the majority of the time, so the fact that we are all so concerned about being fatigued is kind of funny to me. Every team is pretty much in the same situation, obviously the double bye is a little more advantageous but as I mentioned the winning team Thursday might be able to jump the team with the double bye a little bit early. After that everyone is playing on short rest to some degree.

Michigan won it as an 8 seed in 2017, including one game going into OT.

Oftentimes teams that play and win on Thursday come out and play very well the following day. They are comfortable in the gym with their pregame routine whereas the opponent is playing for the first time in a week on an unfamiliar floor.

Iowa has pretty much lost its first game the majority of the time, so the fact that we are all so concerned about being fatigued is kind of funny to me. Every team is pretty much in the same situation, obviously the double bye is a little more advantageous but as I mentioned the winning team Thursday might be able to jump the team with the double bye a little bit early. After that everyone is playing on short rest to some degree.

Wasn't that the year that the team plane crashed or something and they had to play the first game or 2 in their practice uniforms?

He does look better. He just really needs to stop with his crazy passes.
Yeah for every good pass he makes (and he has made some) He seems to try forcing it where there's no chance. He's played better recently. His D and rebounding is very needed. I think the season has started to wear on Garza some. It'd be nice to get him some longer breaks. Not sure that'll happen though

Latest posts