Good, the Big Ten deserves to be bashed.

GodGodGodBathia

What an awful, awful month on the national stage for the Big Ten.

First it comes out with its new teal logo and division names in leaders and legends, earning national scorn and mockery from pundits and internet gurus all over the place.

Then the controversy began. The DJK and Arob situations earned national attention as well for the wrong reason, coupled by the Ohio State players' suspensions.

Then the bowl season began, and seemingly meaningless bowl games turned into a nightmare for the Big Ten as well. The unsportsmanlike call at the end of the Pinstripe Bowl produced widespread hatred, and Big Ten refs in the Tennessee/UNC game were thrust into the spotlight in a crazy game.

As if it couldn't get worse than this, New Years day rolled around with three marquee Big Ten-SEC matchups; the Big Ten got manhandled in two of them and lost the third, in addition to a loss by Northwestern.

Now, Ohio State, with the game looking as if it were in hand in the second quarter, is choking away a lead to another SEC team.

The Big Ten deserves to be ridiculed by ESPN, Holtz, May, and any rational football fan for that matter, stop taking it so personally everytime someone attacks a conference or compares it when they're clearly sub par.

I'm one who was cool with the Big Ten's beat down. Northwestern, Wisconsin and Michigan can all eat it and D'antonio is kind of a ****** anyways. OSU blowing this would be kind of sweet.

The only one that upset me was Penn State. I like JoePa and the white helmets.

Negative nancy . The sky is falling blah blah blah. Your probably one of the guys who had already turned off the tv before Hyde ran one back.

GodGodGod,

The B10 doesn't have a horrible record against the SEC over time. This year offered some really bad matchups. But who really thought that Michigan deserved to go to any bowl? tOSU won a BCS bowl against an SEC school. tOSU also has the most BCS wins of any school in the country. Iowa beat a very good Mizzou team, IMHO. The B12 didn't exactly look stellar, but that's another story. Alabama may very well be the best team in the country right now, and MSU is clearly not that great. Northwestern was playing without Persa, so who thought they were really going to win?

It was a bad year for B10 bowl matchups, but that doesn't exactly mean that the B10 is terrible, in my opinion. The B10 was .500 in BCS bowls, with a narrow loss to an excellent TCU squad.

The conference, I think, was 3-5 overall in the bowls. Last year they had a good record. I don't think the sky is falling.

Easy there triple G. MSU and Michigan losses were embarrassing for sure but as someone pointed out Michigan is a trainwreck and MSU was clearly overrated(see Iowa game). NW was without their starting QB and the Wisky/PSU games could've gone either way. The SEC and the Big 12 aren't exactly flexing their muscles either...

• Mountain West: 4-1
  • ACC: 4-4
  • Big East: 3-2
  • SEC: 3-4
  • Big 12: 3-4
  • Big Ten: 3-5
  • Pac-10: 2-1
  • Sun Belt: 2-0
  • C-USA: 2-4
  • WAC: 1-2

Last edited:

Latest posts