Good Nate was there, WRs, and defense

uihawk82

Nate at 68% with 214 yards and a big 1st down run. The WRs made some big plays and then so did Hock. But the defense gets the game ball as 14 of MSU's 22 points set up on very short fields. Defense had a big goal line stande to force the FG and I bet the MSU coach now of course wishes for going for the TD.

Mostly great tackling, pretty much kept their QB under control except for a couple of runs, shut down the passing game. Timely blitz late to throw off timing.

Nate made some great throws. He still has a few throwaways a game and a few headscratchers but overall above average.

We need a punter.

Need more powerful run blocking push. -15 yards aint going to look good

Nate at 68% with 214 yards and a big 1st down run. The WRs made some big plays and then so did Hock. But the defense gets the game ball as 14 of MSU's 22 points set up on very short fields. Defense had a big goal line stande to force the FG and I bet the MSU coach now of course wishes for going for the TD.

Mostly great tackling, pretty much kept their QB under control except for a couple of runs, shut down the passing game. Timely blitz late to throw off timing.

Nate made some great throws. He still has a few throwaways a game and a few headscratchers but overall above average.

We need a punter.

Yes a punter.

Idk about great, but Nate was good enough to win. Some bad overthrows and missed reads. The pick is whatever, it happens.

Nate Stanley is not a good QB. He has yet to play a consistent, 4-qtr game (since Ohio State, like, 20 games ago) and continues to be as much a liability as a contributor. It’s not good that he’s back next season.

I wouldn't say Nate is good. He is inconsistent which isn't exactly news. But I think he played a solid game today considering the circumstances. This was a defense that held Alabama to something like 4.9 yards per play in Tuscaloosa. Now Iowa didn't do even that much today, but the running was literally non existent so anything positive that happened on offense today needed to come from him and he did enough. Game ball of course goes to the defense for setting up opportunities for the offense, but Stanley did enough under circumstances that were hardly ever in his favor in terms of balance of play calling, down and distance, blocking, and receivers getting seperation. When you add the appropriate context to the game, I have a hard time understanding anyone that can come to a different conclusion.

Nate Stanley is an enigma. Honestly, I have no idea what happens to him. The interception was just a horrible, horrible decision...and forget the decision, the throw was to the inside where the defender was...so bad decision, bad throw. That got MSU back in the game. If we are careful with the ball there, we either have an opportunity to get the first down, or we punt them deep in their territory. Just a mind numbing decision.

He started well...then he starts aiming and predetermining where the ball is going. He has talent, he can make all the throws...but he has to be better with the ball in critical drives. That opening drive was critical.

Nate Stanley is not a good QB. He has yet to play a consistent, 4-qtr game (since Ohio State, like, 20 games ago) and continues to be as much a liability as a contributor. It’s not good that he’s back next season.
To be fair, Stanley contributed 21-7. A great quarterback, no, but a winning one? Yeah. 9-10 wins is almost certainly his ceiling, and that’s too bad, but still good.

Nate Stanley is an enigma. Honestly, I have no idea what happens to him. The interception was just a horrible, horrible decision...and forget the decision, the throw was to the inside where the defender was...so bad decision, bad throw. That got MSU back in the game. If we are careful with the ball there, we either have an opportunity to get the first down, or we punt them deep in their territory. Just a mind numbing decision.
He started well...then he starts aiming and predetermining where the ball is going. He has talent, he can make all the throws...but he has to be better with the ball in critical drives. That opening drive was critical.
When did we punt anyone deep this year?

Idk about great, but Nate was good enough to win. Some bad overthrows and missed reads. The pick is whatever, it happens.

Where did I use the word "great" , I didnt and you should read better for comprehension. I said Good and Above Avg.

I would like to see you bunch of jerks who are calling him bad and not good play against this defense.

He played "Good" at 68%, he played above average, not great not perfect. He had some miscues and 'wayward' throws.

Do you know he lead an offense that just scored the most points this year against this #1 defense.

We need a punter.

Need more powerful run blocking push. -15 yards aint going to look good
Really? Stanley had a bunch of 2 yard completions. He was his usual self, and we won despite his play. Inaccurate all day again on anything over 5 yards. One completion of 75 yards on a busted coverage, yeah it counts, but he is still bad. The TD pass to smith Marsette was nice, but other than that, meh. Our defense and the mistakes and dropped TD passes by MSU gave us the win.

I’m actually excited for hopefully some fresh blood on the interior Oline. Tough matchup today obviously but they were completely outclassed. The three RB rotation was head scratching as well.

Great win though and still think this defense is elite and should be again next year.

I do wish the QB competition for next season would be open. We need to fix our punting game badly. Will have to find some TE's, too.

Where did I use the word "great" , I didnt and you should read better for comprehension. I said Good and Above Avg.

I would like to see you bunch of jerks who are calling him bad and not good play against this defense.

He played "Good" at 68%, he played above average, not great not perfect. He had some miscues and 'wayward' throws.

Do you know he lead an offense that just scored the most points this year against this #1 defense.

You must be Stanley’s dad because you are taking this way too personally.

Stanley played fine, but let’s not pretend like Iowa was driving the ball up and down the field. Remove the home run ball td and their longest drive of the day was 50 yards. Their two other touchdowns were drives of 32 and 12 yards. The defense set them up.

Really? Stanley had a bunch of 2 yard completions. He was his usual self, and we won despite his play. Inaccurate all day again on anything over 5 yards. One completion of 75 yards on a busted coverage, yeah it counts, but he is still bad. The TD pass to smith Marsette was nice, but other than that, meh. Our defense and the mistakes and dropped TD passes by MSU gave us the win.

Have you ever been to a football game? Have you ever watched a game? Did you ever play, coach, or have a kid of your own play? You have taken over the role of the biggest ignorant troll on HN.

Nate Stanley is not a good QB. He has yet to play a consistent, 4-qtr game (since Ohio State, like, 20 games ago) and continues to be as much a liability as a contributor. It’s not good that he’s back next season.[/QUOTE ]inconsistent a fair criticism, but he made enough plays to win 9 games without a stout running game.

I cant tell if you're pleased with the win.

Our mistakes (a near pick six, and a bad fumble) also "gave" them 14 points. I know, its weird.

You must be Stanley’s dad because you are taking this way too personally.

Stanley played fine, but let’s not pretend like Iowa was driving the ball up and down the field. Remove the home run ball td and their longest drive of the day was 50 yards. Their two other touchdowns were drives of 32 and 12 yards. The defense set them up.

MSU gave us plenty in a tough hitting game. As I said Stanley played well but others on here say he played like crap which is wrong

Latest posts