good Meg G video interview

I learned some interesting things from this podcast.

First, Megan seems like a genuinely nice person.

I always knew she was from Wisconsin but didn't pay much attention to exactly where. She states she is from Port Wing, a town of 100 and she was in a class of 11. This sounds like my hometoown of Diagaonal which is currently the smallest school district in the state of Iowa. Some years they don't even have 10 graduates but the keep on and won't give up the ghost and the state doesn't seem inclided to shut them down.

I google mapped Port Win and it's on the short of Lake Superior, cold winters I'd guess.

Mega says her off season home is Hudson, WI, which I'd also never heard of. Turns out it's a suburb of the Twin Cities just across the St Croix River. Between summers in Arizona and winters in Europe she can't spend much time there. Port Wing is a 3 hour drive to the northeast so her family and she can get together when she is home.

I think she's found a home with the Mercury. She's really been working on her offensive game and is actually shooting some 3s. She plays with Brittany Griner now and not just as her backup.

TBT I'm not much for listening to podcasts but I did enjoy this one.

And, her Corgi, Pancake, was born in Poland.............

Latest posts