Good Iowa/Clayborn pub from SI

I honestly think Iowa should be ranked about #5 preseason...if you look at what they did last year and ending with the OB win, and who they have coming back...how their schedule falls, if you were unbiased and didn't take program prestige into account (USC, OSU, Texas, etc) that they are a top 5 team GOING into the season. Since Iowa is not an elite program tho, that's why they are starting out #10 and lower.

The schedule looks good and I like where the Hawks are ranked. I would like it even more if they had been left out of the top 25 - they play a little better and more crisp with a chip on their shoulder. Unfortunately, Iowa Football teams seem to have that 1 let down game a year......let's just hope it's week 1 and then business is taken care of after that! Go Hawks - this year could be extra special!

if we get out of AZ unbeaten I will be thrilled and suprised

I really don't know why you continually state that we won't get out of Arizona with a win. The game last year wasn't as close as the score. They lost a great defensive coordinator, and a lot of their defense. If I remember they lost their LB's pretty much across the board as well as two of their db. I am going to that game and I will be confident that the Hawks will roll them. Don't tell me about the time difference, the desert heat, etc. We will beat the spread.

I think that Arizona is capable of giving the Hawks one heck of a game ... however, I anticipate that the Hawks will most likely prevail in the end.

The schedule looks good and I like where the Hawks are ranked. I would like it even more if they had been left out of the top 25 - they play a little better and more crisp with a chip on their shoulder. Unfortunately, Iowa Football teams seem to have that 1 let down game a year......let's just hope it's week 1 and then business is taken care of after that! Go Hawks - this year could be extra special!

Not sure we had a let down game last year. Up on NU before the injury and OSU was a competitive game

No offense Mattweiss, but you can go cheer for a little team over in Ames....they aren't ranked in the Top 25.

Seriously, I never understand this line of thinking......Do you think Michigan or OSU or Alabama or Florida fans are saying, "You know, I really wish they weren't ranked in the Top 10....." You know, if we want to be considered an elite program, it's time that we, as fans, stepped up to the plate and started acting like fans of an elite program.

Does that mean you're forgetting Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa State, and Wisconsin?

People always bring up UNI, but seem to forget what Iowa did to the Clones seven days later.
How does that change the fact that UNI was a letdown game????

You know, if we want to be considered an elite program, it's time that we, as fans, stepped up to the plate and started acting like fans of an elite program.

What does that entail exactly? Being a bunch of ******? (referring to fan bases of many "elite" programs)

Last edited:

Latest posts