Good interview with Brust

Of course he is going to say "coach McCaffery is calling me everyday." He's selling himself to other schools. Just like when kids say "I'm not transferring," I wouldn't buy it.

I am sorry, but you are a moron...seriously, do you think about what you are typing or do you just spew...he fits and would fit most teams 'systems'

What do you want him to say. It's all about the team. How can he? He's making a decision that will decide what career he may have the rest of his life. Did you take choosing your college and major/career lightly? It's more than about basketball as well. However, for a few elite athletes it's about both, and fitting in to a basketball system and university as a student are very important. I'm fine that he is looking around and he has to do what is in his best interest (be it basketball or studies).

It is about the team and less about the individual. We aren't talking about a kid that is a 5 star pro that is going to come in and be one and done. If he were then we would be talking a whole other set of issues.

Part of the issue with why we are in the situation we are in right now is because mid-level kids think its about them, it's not. You give me eight kids that are decent (3 star) but want to play as a team and you are going to win and make some noise in the NCAAs but you give me eight kids that are decent and think it's about them and we are going to finish with 10 wins on the season. Not everyone is going to be first team all-conference. Not everyone will play in the NBA.

It is about the team and less about the individual. We aren't talking about a kid that is a 5 star pro that is going to come in and be one and done. If he were then we would be talking a whole other set of issues.

Part of the issue with why we are in the situation we are in right now is because mid-level kids think its about them, it's not. You give me eight kids that are decent (3 star) but want to play as a team and you are going to win and make some noise in the NCAAs but you give me eight kids that are decent and think it's about them and we are going to finish with 10 wins on the season. Not everyone is going to be first team all-conference. Not everyone will play in the NBA.

He hasn't set foot in a classroom at the UI. He's still a high school senior, and his college choice is 100% about him. That's how it is for everyone. We don't go to a school because it's best for someone else. We choose the school that's best for #1.

"I just have to have an open mind to what these other coaches have to say and do what's best for me."

Me, me, me, me, me. Get bent.

Aaaaaand who is he supposed to be looking out for? Coach??? He has to do what is best for him...he is a kid making a decision on what to do with his future and his career outside of basketball too. You obviously don't understand what all goes into the process

Latest posts