good feeling about iowa vs northwestern

This feels very similar to the week leading up to MSU. The worst thing to happen to NW was to have Iowa play poorly at Indiana.

This feels very similar to the week leading up to MSU. The worst thing to happen to NW was to have Iowa play poorly at Indiana.

I think that it may depend more on whether it's a cold rain or not. Stanzi isn't the best cold weather QB. In cold weather, it seems like he's usually only good for 1 good quarter. We'll see though ....

Since everyone brings up the revenge factor for our opponents seemingly every week....shouldn't that mythic advantage be enough for the Hawks this week?

Northwestern beats us because they get stupid lucky plays. They won't this year and Stanzi is going to pass all over them.

I don't feel too good. This kind of offense gives us fits and we will need to get some serious hits on Persa and Ebert early and often or this kid will kill us with the dink and dunk and with his legs. If however we get we can get some licks on him and get "shell shocked" we may be able to get some turnovers. Need our DL to really have a strong game and our LBs and DBs to play great this week or we may be in trouble. Also need to be much better in the RZ this week......Having AROB back may help with that. Still at this point I'm not feelin too confident

I am amazed Persa is still standing. He takes some monster hits. Really is one tough little dude. As has been said over and over, the key is to keep him in the pocket.

But I have been saying for a few weeks that this NW team is not as good as years past. No Sutton, no Barnett, no Wooten, etc. Play consistent disciplined football and the Hawks should be able to win in routine fashion.

Last edited:
if we come out playing aggressively and to win big we will stomp them.

if we come out conservative and careful, it will come down to the last drive of the day.

Hope the Hawks go for the kncokout and not the decision

Persa is teetering on the verge. He's hurting. I'm surprised he hasn't missed any time. Guy's tough but he's taking a beating.

They'll move the ball between the 20s. Iowa's defense has actually played pretty well against them the last 2 years. It's the freaking turnovers and injuries to extremely key players in the game that has hurt us against them.

Do you really think we lose last year if Stanzi remained in the game? Doubtful.

That said, it's a road game against a decent team. HAVE to play better than they did Saturday. I think they will.

Latest posts