Good example of why Darboh

Please don't tell our better players your theory about not getting better players.

By our better players, do you mean our best players? Or do you mean our players who have beaten UM 3 straight thereby making them better than Michigans players? Because one means don't tell only the best players, the other pretty much excludes telling the whole dam team and part of last years and the year before.

Subtly, without saying it I was trying to point out that we frequently beat Michigan so WTFC if we lose a kid here or there? Was I too subtle? I was wasn't I?

By our better players, do you mean our best players? Or do you mean our players who have beaten UM 3 straight thereby making them better than Michigans players? Because one means don't tell only the best players, the other pretty much excludes telling the whole dam team and part of last years and the year before.

Subtly, without saying it I was trying to point out that we frequently beat Michigan so WTFC if we lose a kid here or there? Was I too subtle? I was wasn't I?

To be fair, we were beating Rich Rod's Michigan players. Things don't look good for us in the future regarding Michigan. Hoke appears to have them on the fast track to being "back". And when that happens, we won't be beating Michigan with this kind of regularity.

Michigan is a way better school than Iowa. Ann Arbor is a fine college town. Having access to Detroit without having to live in it is way better than driving two and a half hours to Chicago. UM is a national program.

Coming up with some silly reason is not necessary. There are far more logical explanations.

Last edited:
True but in years past we beat the hell out of Lloyd's guys too a few times.

Going back to Hayden, Iowa has been respectable vs UM and I would say Ferentz has been considerably more than respectable no matter who the coach.

I know it will change and have ebbs and flows but its too early to be too concerned if you ask me.

I have to give the OP credit. Multiple parties requesting a source including myself in the third post and he's still received several pages of play.

I'm sure glad the game is tomorrow so peole will have something new to complain about.

To be fair, we were beating Rich Rod's Michigan players. Things don't look good for us in the future regarding Michigan. Hoke appears to have them on the fast track to being "back". And when that happens, we won't be beating Michigan with this kind of regularity.

You do realize RichRod had some pretty good recruiting classes, right? Is Hoke's going to be THAT much better? Maybe Hoke won't win with his guys. Time will tell.

Foval made a good point on the front page about BYU. One could make the same argument about high standards of conduct at Notre Dame…..and they were on Darboh’s short list. If the article is out there as herby claims, the burden is on him to produce it…..not on us to look it up.

To be fair, Brady Hoke just won 10 games with Rich Rod’s players. RR brought in plenty of talent to Michigan, so it’s not like that was the problem. Part of his problem was the insistence on running the 3-3-5, which works great in lesser conferences, but not so great in good ones. If Greg Mattison had been his DC, they would have won quite a few more games IMO.

Latest posts