Good effort and moral victories.

Bigtenchamp

Rudock grew a pair tonight - Im proud of him.

However never will I accept losing on our home field.

Nor a 7-4 record with the softest schedule in a decade.

Kinnick is easy to win at right now.

Game will make me sick for a long time, NO moral victories. Lost a game we should of won, crowd was going nuts and we couldn't get a stop all 4th quarter.

Definitely can't fault the effort. Hawkeyes showed a lot of guts in that 2nd half. Just don't have the players or the coaches right now to beat teams that are better than average. And yes, Kinnick is a very easy place for visitors to win these days. Has been for awhile.

Definitely can't fault the effort. Hawkeyes showed a lot of guts in that 2nd half. Just don't have the players or the coaches right now to beat teams that are better than average. And yes, Kinnick is a very easy place for visitors to win these days. Has been for awhile.

The Hawkeyes lost to a bad team, an average team, an above average team, and a very good team this year. They beat 7 below average to bad teams.

The Hawkeyes lost to a bad team, an average team, an above average team, and a very good team this year. They beat 7 below average to bad teams.

I would not call Wisconsin a very good team, I would put them more in the good/above average range, but the rest I would agree with.

I would and will call Wisconsin is a very good team.. No sour grapes from me..

No sour grapes from me either. I just don't think they're that good. They're better than Iowa. But very good teams don't lose to the likes of Northwestern or a team that finishes in 6th place in their own division and has trouble completing a forward pass on a neutral field.

No sour grapes from me either. I just don't think they're that good. They're better than Iowa. But very good teams don't lose to the likes of Northwestern or a team that finishes in 6th place in their own division and has trouble completing a forward pass on a neutral field.

Yeah it's sour grapes for you.. :)

I dont believe in moral victories in no way. But I did like how our kids didn't roll over and quit after they got down. And as far as Gordon, great players have a way of taking gms over. I think bad coaching cost us another gm once again.

WI gonna take apart the Goofers next week. Not sure what the status on Cobb-up-his-arse is, that might make a difference. WI is vulnerable on pass D, but MN cannot pass for crap. Gordon will go 200+ on the Goofs and you will see an OSU WI final.

Hmmm... One of the nations best defenses, Melvin Gordon, a super-mobile backup QB and their only losses are to LSU, which has beaten Ole Miss and took Alabama to OT and Northwestern, which either plays terribly or incredibly inspired.

Wisconsin will probably beat Minnesota, upset OSU, and then blow the Rose Bowl, which is disappointing but doesn't change the fact: When they're on, they're terribly difficult to beat.

Moral victories don't mean anything to good teams. They're for teams like ISU who can't beat anybody. If our offensive game plan would be what we go to when we get behind we'd be much better overall and we wouldn't hear anything about them.

Iowa's D (for the most part) did a great job and played much better than I expected... But for the love of Pete, can we stop giving up 3rd and long time after time after time? Opposing QB has to simply take off and run for it every time, and he's got it. That alone kept some Wisconsin drives alive that made the difference in the game.

Iowa's offense in the second half - looked great. I hope our coaches learned something from that.

But yeah, no moral victory awarded here. Just another close loss. Just ask the basketball program how far close losses get you.

Latest posts