Gonzaga

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
If Iowa was in the West Coast Conference, would we get a #1 seed every year? Gonzaga's ranking seems rather disingenuous considering they lost to Michigan by 18 points. The somewhat decent teams (Oregon, Washington, Arizona) they've beaten were by very narrow margins (avg of 4 pts).

Going 3-1 against decent teams and demolishing a bunch of bad teams is all it takes to get a 1 seed? Sign me up.

And Michigan is going to lose again at home. Zags have easy road. Seems like a lot of those teams this year. San Diego St and Dayton also.

I’d like for us to somehow end up playing DePaul and SanDiego St. again. Would be nice to repay them.

Iowa certainly didn’t lose at home to Depaul by a wide margin either. Gonzaga is legit, and typically their schedule does hold them back from a higher seed, which is fair considering who they play. College basketball is way down this year, I’m not sure there are any teams deserving of a 1 seed.

Is this something new? Why would Mark Few ever seriously consider the UCLA gig or any other power 6 job when he has everything he wants in Spokane.

Is this something new? Why would Mark Few ever seriously consider the UCLA gig or any other power 6 job when he has everything he wants in Spokane.

Because he has a kush job where he is at. It’s a basketball school and he is the King. He doesn’t have to recruit that hard with the success they have had. Year in, year out he has an easy conference schedule. The only time they have to really have to play hard is in non conf or post season. Gonzaga has to be the fake ID of basketball. LOL!

Because he has a kush job where he is at. It’s a basketball school and he is the King. He doesn’t have to recruit that hard with the success they have had. Year in, year out he has an easy conference schedule. The only time they have to really have to play hard is in non conf or post season
Uhhh...pretty sure that's what @trj was getting at...

I can't talk too much sh*t on Gonzaga after what they did to us a couple years ago in the NCAA tournament :oops:

Well, they did play for the national title a couple years ago (although they lost). I used to feel the same about Utah under Rick Majerus until they made a run to the title game as well (lost to UK).

I'm sure UNLV didn't have a very tough schedule under Jerry T back in the day, either.

Yeah I get they benefit from a weak schedule but IMO Gonzaga is a pretty legit program.

Latest posts