Gonna be one cold winter

Why is anyone worried about this? He won’t win any Big Ten titles and he’ll be canned in 5 years.

I guess we’ll see. No doubt he can coach offense. But offense hasn’t been the problem at Nebraska. If he does fail badly, things could get very bad there. He has been the chosen one for about 3 years. This is what the fan base wanted for so long. A guy from the glory years to bring them back to glory. Now they finally got it. If he can’t deliver, who can?

7 year/35M that’s not bad for your 1st Major Conference Coaching GIG.. He vaults to the 10th highest in Country and #3 In BIG behind Harbaugh.. No PRESSURE :cool::p

All those points are flashy, but if he wants to bring the same system to Nebraska and expect to succeed, he's in for a rude awakening. Nebraska still fails to realize what they lack right now is not speed or athleticism, but physicality and mental toughness.

Why is anyone worried about this? He won’t win any Big Ten titles and he’ll be canned in 5 years.

it's the kNU fans that are excited about this. personally, i think Frost can get it done. it will come down to recruiting. don't forget, he has links to Oregon (not sure if he was on staff with Chip Kelly or not). So, he now has recruiting ties to West Coast and FL. Will that work getting them to kNU? We'll see. If the offense fits, they'll come. But if Frost fails, then the kNU fans are shut up for a long, long time.

All those points are flashy, but if he wants to bring the same system to Nebraska and expect to succeed, he's in for a rude awakening. Nebraska still fails to realize what they lack right now is not speed or athleticism, but physicality and mental toughness.

The style is built on running the ball. It's a very powerful run game, averages 5.1 per attempt, about 40 attempts per game. The only thing finesse about it is the tempo that they play at. The passes come off of pre snap reads in a Run pass option.

To quote a 2012 article about the ducks

Oregon currently has 28 players over 6’5″ and/or 300 lbs. This number dwarfs most teams in the country, yes even those in the big bad SEC. Yes, 28 is more than even the “biggest” SEC teams like LSU (23) and Alabama (22). In fact, Oregon has more of these 6’5″/300 players than Arkansas (23), Georgia (21), Auburn (19), South Carolina (18), and Florida (18).
-- http://fishduck.com/2012/07/oregon-ducks-have-bigger-players-than-the-sec/

The style is built on running the ball. It's a very powerful run game, averages 5.1 per attempt, about 40 attempts per game. The only thing finesse about it is the tempo that they play at. The passes come off of pre snap reads in a Run pass option.

To quote a 2012 article about the ducks

-- http://fishduck.com/2012/07/oregon-ducks-have-bigger-players-than-the-sec/
I don't totally disagree, but Stanford and their extreme physicality was the main factor that ended up toppling Oregon from the upper tier of the Pac-12.

I don't totally disagree, but Stanford and their extreme physicality was the main factor that ended up toppling Oregon from the upper tier of the Pac-12.

Don't you mean coaching changes? Chip left, and Frost left after Mariotta's Heisman season.

Don't you mean coaching changes? Chip left, and Frost left after Mariotta's Heisman season.
Not in 2012. I get what you're trying to say, but those Oregon teams were built on speed, rather than physicality. Size and physicality are not the same thing.