Golf courses in decent shape in Des Moines

DuffMan

Can anyone recommend a golf course in DM in decent shape. Im taking a road trip next wek and going to play 18 there. With the drought I know some courses are dodgey. Im fine playing munies. Im looking for something under 50 buck and I dont want a pitch and put. 6500 yards is great.

I played beaver creek a couple weeks ago, at the end of the terrible heat stretch and it was in very good shape considering.

Copper Creek was in really bad shape a few weeks ago. Stay away

Waveland is in good shape. Jester Park, and played Legacy yesterday morning and it's in great shape

I played beaver creek a couple weeks ago, at the end of the terrible heat stretch and it was in very good shape considering.

You mean Beaver Run, right? Where the trees are all 3 feet tall and it's right off 141, right?

Last edited:
Play The Legacy! The best public golf course in central Iowa. Maybe the best in the entire state!

IMHO and validated by the players in the Iowa Open, Lake Panorama Nat'l Resort, at Panora, IA, on Lake Panorama.

anyone play copper creek?

That was the site of my 81 this summer. So you can decide if its pitch and putt ;)

It's a pretty challenging course on the back nine, need to be able to work the ball/control direction on 9 & 10 for sure.

NOT TRYING TO DERAIL THIS IMPORTANT THREAD
but has anyone noticed that Bethpage Black is in godawful shape for the Barclays tourney this weekend?? It's turrble. I can't believe the tourney organizers and course officials let it get so beat to hell before a pro tour stop.

Copper Creek's fairways are scruffy, but greens in good shape. They've reduced their rates to $29/18 with cart to compensate. Going to play TCI tomorrow so will post on its condition--that's always a fun layout.

If you have time, play TCI or Harvester. Well worth the money and the time it takes to get to each course.

Harvester might be the best course in Iowa unless you play it the week of the US Open. They grow the rough to match the Open and shave the greens down to lightning fast. It was almost unfair for a hack like me. Usually it is fair but challenging.

Just got done playing TCI. It is in great shape, and is a fun and challenging course. $47 with cart during the week to play, and the Palmer tee boxes play to right about 6500 yards. Shot a 84 with 2 triple boggies.....%}*~€# triple boggies :mad:

The only other course close is The Legacy, that would be worth playing too, and it is always in good shape.

Legacy is always in decent shape. Jester is another good option but not as nice and pace of play is always bad there.
Stay away from Copper it is not very good and Prett easy. Legacy is a good test, especially the greens

Latest posts