going to East Lansing next week, what to expect?

BergHawk7

first thing, since there is no more Hawkeyenation App, I havnt been on in weeks.

Im heading to my first away game (thats not ISU) next week and visiting family that live near Detroit. how many hawkeye fans should I expect to be at the game, and is there anything i should know about East Lansing as far as the MSU fans go?

Also what usually goes on during the Hawkeye huddle? is it just like a pep rally type thing?

Run your mouth, and you can expect to get punched in the throat. MSU fan has a bad rep.

I'll admit it's been about 10 years since I last attended a game there, but I didn't think the fans were significantly better or worse than other schools. EAST Lansing is a nice area. No reason to venture in to Lansing though.

first thing, since there is no more Hawkeyenation App, I havnt been on in weeks.

Im heading to my first away game (thats not ISU) next week and visiting family that live near Detroit. how many hawkeye fans should I expect to be at the game, and is there anything i should know about East Lansing as far as the MSU fans go?

Also what usually goes on during the Hawkeye huddle? is it just like a pep rally type thing?

Hawkeye Huddle's are fun, but a bit of a hassle to get to, typically. Yeah, they are basically a pep rally; or, I see a lot of fans who are regulars socializing.

Parking is a bit of an issue in East Lansing. I walked a long way to get to the stadium...don't recall details, but will be researching next week. I stay in a town about 25 miles away so i don't have to pay home game hotel prices.

The fans: I have seen one loss...when the FB went the wrong way and Green got stopped on a 4th and ?...probably cost us the game. Of course, no real problems with the Green and White after that one. A little different after McNutt's TD pass to win the game in the last seconds...some rude comments, NO friendly banter, but certainly no physical stuff or even "in your face" issues. I am an older guy so not typically a target. The two times I went to East Lansing, the Iowa crowd was probably around 3,000. The seats suck. High corner of endzone, very steep...kind of creepy. If you like to watch the details of the action, take binoculars...I always watch away games with them given the seating stuff. I hope you enjoy the trip and the game...Go Hawks!

I was there in 2009. No issues before or after the game. The fans were very nice. The stadium was a dump. It looks like they've made some upgrades since, so maybe it's a little better.

Two people can go into the same situation. One could get their arse kicked and the other come out and say they had a great time. What to expect and the final outcome is up to you.

There was another thread on this topic not to long ago. Breakdown of what I said in the other thread.

MSU sucks. MSU tailgating sucks. MSU fans suck. I get free tickets to go to games there and I always turn them down even though its an hour drive.

I drove up there by myself in 2009. Caught a lot of BS walking to the game. Stadium was a dump. Their half time was players telling jokes on the big screen. I ran to my car after the game (Night Game), because I didn't want to get a beat down. ********

Latest posts