Going forward

Hawkfnntn

Iowa better get their shit together. Just some rambling thoughts of mine. Iowa needs to get rid of BF (obviously) and bring in an outside competent offensive mind to run the show. Not run some watered down version of what KF prefers but their own thing. KF can decide to go for it on 4th downs and some big decisions but I wish his overall fingerprints wouldn't be on the O. He should worry about his expertise on the Oline. For that to be the weakest part of the whole team is downright disheartening. KF needs to delegate everything beyond coaching the Oline.

He needs to worry more about finding innovative NIL ways to recruit. Because if it's not already too late it soon could be for how things can go. Wisky, Neb made bold moves. We aren't so good that MN and Purdue can't pass us by. Not exactly scared of NW at the moment but with the CA schools coming in and doing away with the divisions that kind of moves the goal posts for what goals will be. It won't be long and they'll have a 12 team playoffs. I would say instead of winning the West that'll have to be the new goal (Winning the BIG with OSU, Michigan, PSU USC all in it will be damn near impossible). I hope I live long enough to see Iowa get into that and do some damage but man who knows that'll be a high hill to climb too if Iowa doesn't make some serious changes.

Iowa better get their shit together. Just some rambling thoughts of mine. Iowa needs to get rid of BF (obviously) and bring in an outside competent offensive mind to run the show. Not run some watered down version of what KF prefers but their own thing. KF can decide to go for it on 4th downs and some big decisions but I wish his overall fingerprints wouldn't be on the O. He should worry about his expertise on the Oline. For that to be the weakest part of the whole team is downright disheartening. KF needs to delegate everything beyond coaching the Oline.

He needs to worry more about finding innovative NIL ways to recruit. Because if it's not already too late it soon could be for how things can go. Wisky, Neb made bold moves. We aren't so good that MN and Purdue can't pass us by. Not exactly scared of NW at the moment but with the CA schools coming in and doing away with the divisions that kind of moves the goal posts for what goals will be. It won't be long and they'll have a 12 team playoffs. I would say instead of winning the West that'll have to be the new goal (Winning the BIG with OSU, Michigan, PSU USC all in it will be damn near impossible). I hope I live long enough to see Iowa get into that and do some damage but man who knows that'll be a high hill to climb too if Iowa doesn't make some serious changes.
Ferentz has hidden in the sleepy b10W for years while annually dodging Michigan or ohio st or both after playing no one in pre-conference. An open conference with USC/UCLA will be his undoing and he knows it. Look for Brian to head back to New England or another NFL city and Kirk to do the same or retire within two years, but no way he throws himself into a real schedule because he’s fully aware his staff doesn’t have the goods

The only way Brian Leaves is to the NFL. And the people who say that's not an option for him don't know shit about the NFL and they don't know the influence Kirk has.

If Brian leaves--which ain't gonna happen--and LeVar Woods doesn't get promoted, watch out. We're gonna be the next Minnesota/NW/Purdue.

The only way Brian Leaves is to the NFL. And the people who say that's not an option for him don't know shit about the NFL and they don't know the influence Kirk has.

If Brian leaves--which ain't gonna happen--and LeVar Woods doesn't get promoted, watch out. We're gonna be the next Minnesota/NW/Purdue.

Purdue just won the division. Are you saying we will get better?

I saw that someone over the weekend had said that with the racial trial still hanging out there like a lingering fart that BF may very well be untouchable by others till that's resolved. Even if Iowa were to win that if some of the stuff that's been said about what all BF did/said gets out and on the record it may very well stain him. Obviously Daddy has a good idea since he was around for it all if any of it is true or not too.

With that being the case why would anyone else hire BF? As a favor to Kirk?... So when does that trial actually get going anyway?

How can you be so certain in your take on the NFL? I'm not saying he couldn't possibly find a landing spot there, but it isn't like there are unlimited openings for tight end and OL coaches in the league. Only 64 of those positions exist in the world, and how many are going to be open in January? I know there are other positions he could be slotted into (assistant offensive line, offensive quality control), but those are massive step downs from being a Big Ten coordinator. Plus there is a more than 50/50 chance the head coach of that NFL team will change within 3 years and Brian would have to move his family yet again. Really worth it for an assistant OL position?

How much influence does Kirk really have in the league? I'm sure he is still highly regarded here and there. But people act like he has this vast NFL background. He spent 6 years in the NFL. 6 years out of like a 45 year coaching career. And while he has probably built up a decent network of contacts while talking to front office types about his players, that doesn't mean those teams will find a landing spot for his son.

Just an as example, the Vikings' GM and head coach were in like 6th and 8th grade, respectively, in Kirk's last year in the league. The NFL of today doesn't even resemble the league Kirk left, or what we see on the field in Iowa City.

False premise concerning KF and NFL. His ties are either dead, retired or about to be retired.

Why would anyone be so motivated to hire BF.

USC and UCLA are way over rated coming in. I don't think Midwesterners from small town understand the demise of football in California.

False premise concerning KF and NFL. His ties are either dead, retired or about to be retired.

The NFL will forgive anything if you're a star who has put up numbers. Two guys wind up dead at your Super Bowl party? A few dozen massage therapists claim assault? You funded a dog fighting ring? None of it matters if you are good.

Now on the other hand if you have no NFL track record and have a racism allegation hanging over your head, forget about it. You ain't getting that NFL job. See, e.g., Christopher Doyle.

With Brian Ferentz's track record and the allegation, he is very likely unhireable in the NFL. Maybe Belichick is old enough and still owes one favor from 1995, but that is the absolute only way Brian gets into the NFL and that strikes me as a 1 in a million chance.

The NFL will forgive anything if you're a star who has put up numbers. Two guys wind up dead at your Super Bowl party? A few dozen massage therapists claim assault? You funded a dog fighting ring? None of it matters if you are good.

Now on the other hand if you have no NFL track record and have a racism allegation hanging over your head, forget about it. You ain't getting that NFL job. See, e.g., Christopher Doyle.

With Brian Ferentz's track record and the allegation, he is very likely unhireable in the NFL. Maybe Belichick is old enough and still owes one favor from 1995, but that is the absolute only way Brian gets into the NFL and that strikes me as a 1 in a million chance.
I'm not debating what BF did or didn't say because 1) I wasn't there and 2) this isn't the forum for that, but you're failing to make on distinction between BF and Doyle. Doyle got fired from his job. BF did not. The NFL has a very, very short memory and if he was good enough to remain employed by Iowa (as wholesome a location as the Crystal Cathedral compared to the NFL), he's good enough to get hired in the NFL.

There are a lot of people way more in the know than anyone else here who've suggested in the past few months that the NFL was a definite option as a landing spot.

Chris Doyle's name was nationally destroyed before he even cleaned out his office in IC. Brian's isn't. Brian is just known as a bumbling OC at Iowa.

How can you be so certain in your take on the NFL? I'm not saying he couldn't possibly find a landing spot there, but it isn't like there are unlimited openings for tight end and OL coaches in the league. Only 64 of those positions exist in the world, and how many are going to be open in January? I know there are other positions he could be slotted into (assistant offensive line, offensive quality control), but those are massive step downs from being a Big Ten coordinator. Plus there is a more than 50/50 chance the head coach of that NFL team will change within 3 years and Brian would have to move his family yet again. Really worth it for an assistant OL position?

How much influence does Kirk really have in the league? I'm sure he is still highly regarded here and there. But people act like he has this vast NFL background. He spent 6 years in the NFL. 6 years out of like a 45 year coaching career. And while he has probably built up a decent network of contacts while talking to front office types about his players, that doesn't mean those teams will find a landing spot for his son.

Just an as example, the Vikings' GM and head coach were in like 6th and 8th grade, respectively, in Kirk's last year in the league. The NFL of today doesn't even resemble the league Kirk left, or what we see on the field in Iowa City.
Ask current NFL players (and some who didn't make it) if they think he still has pull and connections in the NFL. They know better than either of us.

I'm not debating what BF did or didn't say because 1) I wasn't there and 2) this isn't the forum for that, but you're failing to make on distinction between BF and Doyle. Doyle got fired from his job. BF did not. The NFL has a very, very short memory and if he was good enough to remain employed by Iowa (as wholesome a location as the Crystal Cathedral compared to the NFL), he's good enough to get hired in the NFL.

There are a lot of people way more in the know than anyone else here who've suggested in the past few months that the NFL was a definite option as a landing spot.

Chris Doyle's name was nationally destroyed before he even cleaned out his office in IC. Brian's isn't. Brian is just known as a bumbling OC at Iowa.

“Brian is just known as a bumbling OC at Iowa.”

Lol,

What is sad is there is a high possibility that he is returning next season.

If not maybe he will land somewhere.

To that end I'd be curious to know... In some ways those guys all have a rumor mill of their own. Obviously Belichick knows him some. But as far as this whole racial thing what's gotten out there and what hasn't amongst those circles is hard to know. They aren't digging atm probably because he's not unemployed looking for a gig yet either. Although that'll all have been done by the time any of us hear about it. He'll have a new job already by the time we find out he's leaving. If that's how this plays out.

The timing of it happening will be what I want to see. I don't see it happening before the 2nd signing day and that's like Feb 2nd or so I think. No way would any moves be made before that of a drastic sort just because they don't have to. So those with the delusions of grandeur that he'll be done between now and the bowl game or right after need to pull back on those reigns.

In the video above I just noticed the board that showed rushing and passing yards……….. nice touch considering Brian’s offense.

I'd be shocked if he came here... He's a west coast kid originally. He's good enough to demand NIL $. I get Iowa should want him. But why would he want to come here? He'll have options and I'm not sure Iowa would trip his trigger.

More likely to trip and beak a leg with our offensive line. ;)

Fryowa thus says "you don't know shit about the NFL and don't know the influence Kirk has."

Latest posts