Glass half full from Glass half empty

HaydenHawk56

Big Ten Title Game Iowa loses to Michigan 42-3 (total yards 461 to 279)

Iowa loses rematch to Michigan in Iowa City 27-14 (total yards 327 to 281)

Defense and offense did much better point wise and stat wise (well, maybe not the offense but still improvement). Against a Top 5 team....maybe that is debatable as I still don't think Michigan is that good. That said, I think Ohio St and Michigan are the best teams in the conference.

In both of Iowa's losses, the officiating has been horrible. I do believe the officiating (along with horrible Iowa offense) costed Iowa the game against the Clowns. The Michigan game, the officiating may have been worse, but I don't feel like that costed Iowa the game like the clown game as that was a one score game.

With the exception of Ohio St, the rest of the games are winnable (also losable).

I watched the highlights of the Illinois/Wisconsin game......Wisconsin did a lot of self-inflicted stuff in that game. Chase Brown for Illinois is another back for Iowa to contend with, but maybe not the bruiser the Michigan guy was. It will be a night game and Brett has had Kirk's number...but maybe there is still some hope if Iowa can get some guys back that have been injured, a clean called game, and win the turnover battle.

I would not be shocked if Iowa is heading to 6-6, 5-7, or worse, but I would not be shocked either if Iowa gets 7,8, or 9 wins either with how bad the West division is.

Big Ten Title Game Iowa loses to Michigan 42-3 (total yards 461 to 279)

Iowa loses rematch to Michigan in Iowa City 27-14 (total yards 327 to 281)

Defense and offense did much better point wise and stat wise (well, maybe not the offense but still improvement). Against a Top 5 team....maybe that is debatable as I still don't think Michigan is that good. That said, I think Ohio St and Michigan are the best teams in the conference.

In both of Iowa's losses, the officiating has been horrible. I do believe the officiating (along with horrible Iowa offense) costed Iowa the game against the Clowns. The Michigan game, the officiating may have been worse, but I don't feel like that costed Iowa the game like the clown game as that was a one score game.

With the exception of Ohio St, the rest of the games are winnable (also losable).

I watched the highlights of the Illinois/Wisconsin game......Wisconsin did a lot of self-inflicted stuff in that game. Chase Brown for Illinois is another back for Iowa to contend with, but maybe not the bruiser the Michigan guy was. It will be a night game and Brett has had Kirk's number...but maybe there is still some hope if Iowa can get some guys back that have been injured, a clean called game, and win the turnover battle.

I would not be shocked if Iowa is heading to 6-6, 5-7, or worse, but I would not be shocked either if Iowa gets 7,8, or 9 wins either with how bad the West division is.
Yup.

Hard to get a beede on the ceiling. I think they're improving but not sure how fast. Larger picture...heard someone say on a podcast that Iowa is a competent offensive coordinator away from contending for the Big Ten conference. sigh...

Latest posts