Glanced through Walter Football’s 7-round draft

3rd - Nixon
4th - Gholston and Jackson
7th - ISM

no Niemann
I've seen a lot of mock drafts and not many of them have Niemann drafted. With the way he tested and his performance on the field, I think someone's going to get a steal.

I've seen ISM and Nixon higher than that most of the time, but it's really tough to tell. Nixon's a big guy that can move, so that's tough to pass up in a week DT draft.

Brandon Smith is one I've seen drafted as well.

I've seen a lot of mock drafts and not many of them have Niemann drafted. With the way he tested and his performance on the field, I think someone's going to get a steal.

I've seen ISM and Nixon higher than that most of the time, but it's really tough to tell. Nixon's a big guy that can move, so that's tough to pass up in a week DT draft.

Brandon Smith is one I've seen drafted as well.
Niemann will be fine. These dorks like Kiper and McShay don't know their heads from their asses and they've been proven to always, without fail, be way off the mark.

The best thing that happened to Nick Niemann's future was Ben Niemann playing really well in Kansas City. NFL guys listen to Kurt Ferentz and after they see how he's a more athletic version of Ben, he's gonna get drafted.

I rarely watch NFL, but I have to think a guy like Nixon goes higher than round 3. He is not the elite of elite at tackle, but he's really freaking good and a lot of teams realize that you can make your defense MUCH better by having one guy in the middle who can collapse the pocket and bring pressure right up in the face of the QB. If you already have a good edge rusher who can draw a double the single best way to make your team defense way better is a stud tackle. These teams drafting corners high are insane unless they have a generational guy like Rod Woodson or something on the board. I'll take the shittiest corners in the NFL and the best line over the best corners and shittiest line any day of the week. The best corners can't cover up a shitty line because even the best guys will get torched on occasion with the size of current receivers and the sheer number of reps they're seeing in the passing game. But a great line can make mediocre CBs look really, really good.

Not sure why Nixon plummeted to a 3rd rd. pick. I know he has some red flags, but imo it seems like minor stuff.

Niemann ran a 4.45 40 and can play out in space as a linebacker...someone is going to use a draft pick on him.

Not sure why Nixon plummeted to a 3rd rd. pick. I know he has some red flags, but imo it seems like minor stuff.
Nixon is a physically better DL right now than Jaleel Johnson is having been in the league three years, and Johnson has even gotten himself into a starting role.

Nixon will not fall down in the draft.

Neimann will find his way on to a team regardless, but with his measurables, play and brother's success I figured he'd be in the 5th/6th range.

I would take a flier that the Chiefs draft Nieman late. Why not. They love Hawks players in KC and already have a proven version of this same kid on their roster, and the younger one has better measurables. If nothing else, he can run down and cover kicks and be on the practice squad. He would be a great 7th round pick.

Nixon befuddles me. Sure looked like late first round talent to me during conference play. If he falls to the third I think someone has the chance for a steal.

ISM is not going to make it. Maybe as a returner, but kick off returners are far less important these days given that no one returns kicks anymore. He is a dime a dozen collegiate receiver. I would also be surprised if Jackson gets to a second contract. Hope I am wrong on both.

Neiman better get drafted or a hell of a lot of scouts should get fired. Somebody tell me what his minuses are.

He's 6'3 235 lbs runs a 4.45 40. Plays special teams what else ya want? Maybe he's not Ray Lewis as far as tackling goes. But he's a great player to have on any roster in any system.

Niemann ran a 4.45 40 and can play out in space as a linebacker...someone is going to use a draft pick on him.
Nixon started as a mid-round 2nd several weeks ago in this same draft site. Not sure why they’ve dropped him.

And yeah, Niemann is a head-scratcher given his measurables. Looking at some of his highlight tape the only thing I can see is that he seems to lose his legs when tackling, but holy crap, with that size and speed someone is going to at least get a special teamer who can play in a passing situation.

Nixon started as a mid-round 2nd several weeks ago in this same draft site. Not sure why they’ve dropped him.

And yeah, Niemann is a head-scratcher given his measurables. Looking at some of his highlight tape the only thing I can see is that he seems to lose his legs when tackling, but holy crap, with that size and speed someone is going to at least get a special teamer who can play in a passing situation.
Look at how well the talking heads predicted the first round and you can see how accurate they'll be about Nixon.

Kinda blows my mind that anyone pays attention to them because they are never even remotely close, and the people making the decisions damn sure don't give them any mind. Kiper and McShay are just embarrassingly bad, and the rest of them are even worse.

Look at how well the talking heads predicted the first round and you can see how accurate they'll be about Nixon.

Kinda blows my mind that anyone pays attention to them because they are never even remotely close, and the people making the decisions damn sure don't give them any mind. Kiper and McShay are just embarrassingly bad, and the rest of them are even worse.
Most of what I’d read from the ‘experts’ said that after the QBs, Pitts, and a couple linemen there wasn’t much of a consensus In terms of order. And heck, you’re basically splitting hairs on relative talent after, say the first 10-15 through the end of the 3rd.

Plus, as much as GMs say they draft the best player available on their board, I think need comes into play a lot more than they’ll admit.

Back to Niemann.....everyone was saying Pitts is ‘too fast for LBs and too big for safeties’, but here you have a LB with similar speed who also has decent size. I must be missing something there in my very limited world of talent evaluation.

Back to Niemann.....everyone was saying Pitts is ‘too fast for LBs and too big for safeties’, but here you have a LB with similar speed who also has decent size. I must be missing something there in my very limited world of talent evaluation.
Defensive backfields are getting more and more "hybrid” every year in terms of the lines between positions blurring.

Like basketball. You used to have a PG, a shooting guard, two forwards, and a center, period. Now unless the guy is 5’11” or 7’2", everyone blends their jobs to a large degree.

Linebackers are the same nowadays, especially with TEs and slot receivers being ubiquitous. You don’t really have an inside, outside, and middle linebacker anymore. Everyone has to be able to drop into coverage no matter where they are and you can’t afford to have a guy dedicated to strictly run coverage. Essentially it’s pretty tough to differentiate between a safety and a linebacker. That’s the one knock on Josey Jewell in Denver, he plays in a pass happy division and he doesn’t cover in space as well. However, he’s one of the best in the biz at run coverage. Josey Jewell in 1987 would be on his way to the HOF because he’s the consummate example of a run stopping LB. Unfortunately for him that strict role doesn’t exist anymore in today’s game.

Latest posts