Give Tubby Smith credit

bamahawkeye

I know Tubby has taken a lot of heat in the past, but I have to give him some credit for what he's done in the NIT.

And to think, he lost his best player to start the year in Mbakwe, and ISU's and Oregon's best player were both on Tubby's roster at one point. Tubby may not be Pitino, or Calipari, but he's apretty good coach.

Dude its the NIT. Sure its nice but Minny fans expected more than a nice run in the NIT when he was hired.

If he could've kept Royce, Mbawkwe, the kid for Oregon and a few others he has lost we wouldn't be talking about the NIT.

The Goophs damn near choked it away. But it is good to see the Big Ten represent...even if it is the NIT. I'd love it if the Hawks made it thar far.

When Sampson hurt his ankle Tubby was forced to change his lineup and it's paid off. Now he has a banger in the middle with Eliason and the team seems to hustle way more than before.

Tubby swallowed his pride and changed from a post offense to a guard offense, he cut his rotation to 7 players and allowed his freshman pt guard (Hollins) to play through his mistakes, they could be scary good next yr

The Big Ten's ninth place team just beat the regular season champ of the Pac-12. I think that says a lot for the conference.

Tubby swallowed his pride and changed from a post offense to a guard offense, he cut his rotation to 7 players and allowed his freshman pt guard (Hollins) to play through his mistakes, they could be scary good next yr

I have to agree. They have a good young core getting some great experience in pressure situations. In the past Tubby has gotten great athletes who couldn't close games. Hawkeye-Gopher games could be pretty fun to watch for the next few years.

Go Hawks

I must give Tubby credit. To bring a team back, after the disastrous season they have had, to the NIT championship is an impressive achievement.

Latest posts