Give Fran some ideas on how to energize Carver and the student body.

davehawks

Coach you will never have more pull with the admin. then you do now. So hit it while it is hot. CHANGE CARVER NOW. You need some ideas. Read on, you posters can come up with better things than I, but here are a few things that I am thinking.
1. Let the students come for free in the pre-bigten games.
2. Let them sit close, college kids want to be what they see on TV which is crazies going nuts at the games.
3.Play some games away from home, Quad Cities-Sioux City-Des Moines-Mason City, fill up those areanas and bring back the hawkeye state by showing it off around the state.
4. Pizza for a dollar, coach buys for the student section, use that 1.1 million and make a college kid happy.
5. Bring back midnight madness.
That is what I have off the top of my head, what do you have? Brain storm and dont be shy. Nothing is out of bounds--including topless cheerleaders(I saw this for someone of hawkeyereport thought it would bring in thousands)

Midnight madness would be great! Anything to start pulling people back into CHA. He, or others, hinted at the idea of bringing in former players. This could be something to spark interest. Kind of like the honorary captains in Kinnick (Love seeing those guys back).

Number 3 made me go "Wtf"

Do teams actually do that? Maybe a game in Chicago, vs an Illinois or NW or something. But Quad Cities?

Coach you will never have more pull with the admin. then you do now. So hit it while it is hot. CHANGE CARVER NOW. You need some ideas. Read on, you posters can come up with better things than I, but here are a few things that I am thinking.
2. Let them sit close, college kids want to be what they see on TV which is crazies going nuts at the games.
3.Play some games away from home, Quad Cities-Sioux City-Des Moines-Mason City, fill up those areanas and bring back the hawkeye state by showing it off around the state.
4. Pizza for a dollar, coach buys for the student section, use that 1.1 million and make a college kid happy.
That is what I have off the top of my head, what do you have? Brain storm and dont be shy. Nothing is out of bounds--including topless cheerleaders(I saw this for someone of hawkeyereport thought it would bring in thousands)

I love #3. I wonder if it is something that the NCAA and opponents would put up with???

At the very least lets throw Creighton on the schedule!

I would hope they never travel to the Quad Cities or Sioux City or Mason City. I like the idea of going to Des Moines something like every other year to play Drake or something.

I love #3. I wonder if it is something that the NCAA and opponents would put up with???

At the very least lets throw Creighton on the schedule!

Matt Perrault, is that you? Iowa all ready plays UNI and Drake, along with Iowa State. Last year they also played Texas and Wichita State. Iowa doesn't need to schedule Creighton.

Remember when they would do the senior tours?? Something like that would be great. I understand it would be hard to do this coming year with a lone senior, but to get the players out into the community and around the fans would be great.

Put the students behind both hoops. and I agree with letting them in free to pre Big10 games. Then gauge what to do for the students during Big 10 play.

I may be wrong, but it seems like years ago the team would go around the state and play a couple of scrimmages right before the season started. Not sure if that is still allowed anymore.

Hot women and find a way to serve beer or a indoor "tailgate" place big enough for about 10K fans for some pre-game activities. That'll bring at least 10K students

Have a coffee drinking contest before the game, the more coffee you drink, the closer you get to sit to the opposing teams bench.

I think winning would be good. Carver was never a problem when the Hawks were winning, but then Alford had one subpar year and it was like the wheels fell off the bus.

Other than winning, to improve the student section, I would give away three free Vuarnet shirts and three free hypercolor shirts at every game and during random games I would give away a black North Face fleece, which would then cause all of the kids "from Chicago" (well, really "Oswego" and "Chicago" are pretty much the same, right) would come for the chance to get some new North Face gear. And I'd make up a bunch of fake guest appearances, like say that gal from Jersey Shore will be there or something and then pull the old "Well, she was on her way, but her flight got re-routed to Omaha and she won't be able to make it tonight" trick. The kids who attend undergrad at Iowa will take years to figure that one out.

As for the rest of the arena, to keep up with Iowa's aging population, I would give away some free jars of Metamucil, maybe a free Member's Only jacket and offer up a free night at Oak Knoll nursing home or something. You've gotta see where the demographics are going, you guys are out of touch with the market for Iowa basketball.

Latest posts