Give Adam Robinson Some Love

VCardNation

I think Adam Robinson deserves some love from the Hawkeye fans. That dude has done nothing but been a class act every time he is interviewed and he runs his butt off every single week. He is what being an Iowa Hawkeye football player is all about. I just dont think he gets the credit he deserves. I, for one, think that Iowa could have easily lost that game against Michigan without some of hard nosed plays that he made. Also, serious question for people that know more than me. Does anyone remember a time when he fumbled the football, even going back to last year? I honestly cant recall one, but I am probably wrong. Go Hawks and go ARob!​

Last edited:
I've called him "indispensable" repeatedly on here.

That's as close to man love as I'm gonna get. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Would love to hear something more from the A-Rob detractors than "he doesn't have break-away speed" (or the other version of the same complaint, "he can't hit the homerun").

A-Rob is worthy. Worthy of our praise and our respect. Dude is a stud, and he is a sophomore. He catches passes, breaks tackles, makes guys miss, and blocks. Oh, and he goes for a hundy-plus 4 out of 6 games so far.

Dude is very, very good. Glad he is our RB.

for the ppl that have always something negative to say about ARob are the ppl who don't realize not everyone is a SG. SG was special and might not have another like him for a while.

He doesn't have the breakaway speed, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of my favorite players. I'd like to see him get a few less touches, because I want to keep him on the field for the big games. But he's a more than dependable back. He's merely dependable when you need him to make the routine 4-6 yard pickups throughout the game. He's spectacular when you need that 7+ yard gain on 3rd down.

does he have a facebook page?

Yes and his status is..:) For the record first and last time I will ever do this.

Adam Robinson
Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -John Wooden

Robinson never stops amazing me with his hard running. He gets some unexpected yards and doesn't go down easily. Always seems to fall forward for extra yards and he is quite a weapon as a receiver as well. Dude is tough!

Its easy to talk about the things that Adam Robinson isn't. He isn't flashy, he isn't fast. But what he does have is, heart and hard work. He is seldom in the wrong place and he gets the most out of every play. I thought after the first game that Adam was the most improved player on the team and I still think so.

Adam is a great kid. Show him some support and he returns the favor 10-fold.

He was humbled and appreciative that we asked to get a picture with him outside the Big House last Saturday after the game.

BigHouse%20Adam%20Robinson%2010.16.2010.jpg

I think ARob's impressed me since last year. He doesn't have that breakaway speed, nor is he the type of player who's going to pull crazy moves to juke out defenders. He isn't a Shonn Greene, he isn't a Jewel Hampton, and he isn't a Brandon Wegher. He is Adam Robinson and he plays his own style of RB, and it's been working.

I do wish that the coaches would sub in guys like Coker or Rogers from time to time but it really has nothing more to do, for me at least, than keeping Robinson fresh and healthy. If the coaches and ARob feel he can handle an increased work load, then fine by me.

My wish for ARob, above all else, is to stay healthy for the season. This is his moment to shine and I hope he gets to play the entire season.

which one of you guys is the intimidating one?? :)

HAHAHA. Total secret. We're all just "proles" anyway.

In the pic we got with Ken O'Keefe, he looked at the beer-mug hat and asked if we got it at the Hawk Shop. When we said no and that it was home-made, he said....hmmm, they should start selling them!

HAHAHA

Latest posts