Giant Vikings - Playing at Ford Field

Can anyone provide some insight as to why they wouldn't just play the game at TCF Bank?

Maybe you should just read your own link.

The University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, about five miles from the Metrodome, was considered briefly as a site for the game, but it was shut down for the winter and would have needed several days to prepare for an NFL game.

I'm an fan of the outdoors. I'm a fan of football being played outdoors. However, the windchill tonight will be -25 or lower in Madison, WI tonight (and probably worse in Minneapolis). I think that the temps would be possibly dangerous tomorrow night (but I'm not sure).

I was at TCF for the Hawkeye debacle. It was cold but not anywhere near what is going on outside right now.

It has to do with TV. Fox all ready the cameras and crew in place, and the other two venues that were considered (Indy and St. Louis) did not.

Maybe you should just read your own link.

The University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, about five miles from the Metrodome, was considered briefly as a site for the game, but it was shut down for the winter and would have needed several days to prepare for an NFL game.

If they really wanted to do it they could, I really don't buy that

The giants weren't travelling with their cold weather gear either....hence why they went to another indoor location.

Latest posts