Getting season FB tickets....bottom line

SDK46

IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Tickets

kinnick062305.jpg

OK...I'm pretty well versed with the rules as stated per the URL and the "excise" tax per the colored zones. I'm not currently an annual giver.

For those of you in the know, my bottom line is...."how difficult is it to pay Iowa the 2 x $600 (for two tickets), along with the ticket costs, and actually get two seats in the yellow zones? Should I even bother?"

Or would settling for the non-yellow be a better bet?

(I'm moving to IC, so why not)

Depends on how much you have given in the past.
My dad has tickets in the yellow and he can call up the week of the game and get extra's and they are usually in the yellow so the have to be available you would think

Being from Hampton you could always call B Krause

Last edited:
The University claims they are out of tix, but if you pony up some dough...you never know...:D.

Just do what you always do...it'll just cost you more this year.

Hey seth - they're already done selling tickets this year, pal. Next year, you should be able to squeeze in there after the Hawks go 2-10 or something and all the fairweather fans get off the bandwagon. If you're nice to me, I MIGHT be willing to give up my drinking ticket for a game or two (if you sneak hooch in to keep my buzz going) and you can sit amongst the warshed proles as opposed to the unwarshed proles who sit in the no dontation sections.

Hey seth - they're already done selling tickets this year, pal. Next year, you should be able to squeeze in there after the Hawks go 2-10 or something and all the fairweather fans get off the bandwagon. If you're nice to me, I MIGHT be willing to give up my drinking ticket for a game or two (if you sneak hooch in to keep my buzz going) and you can sit amongst the warshed proles as opposed to the unwarshed proles who sit in the no dontation sections.

Screw you BTR...I take Brute showers every three days.

Well...thank you sir....sure is nice to have 'friends' on here :)

I wasn't talking about this year....but next year for sure...when the fair- weather fans bail, leaving gaping holes of tix at Kinnick.

I'll even warsh up b4 we meet....if you promise to fumigate your winnebago.

How much are season tickets? Just curious if it would be worth buying some for the NU vs UI games in the future.

:( Just got my refund check in the mail for the second set of tickets we requested. I've never been so disappointed to receive a $720 check in the mail before :(

And that $360 is for end zone seats. Sidelines require a donation per seat, starting at $50.

Sections 101, 110, and 131 are on the sidelines and do not require a donation. That is where I requested my seats this year. They are good seats and allow me to avoid paying the extra money at this point in my life.

IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Tickets

kinnick062305.jpg

OK...I'm pretty well versed with the rules as stated per the URL and the "excise" tax per the colored zones. I'm not currently an annual giver.

For those of you in the know, my bottom line is...."how difficult is it to pay Iowa the 2 x $600 (for two tickets), along with the ticket costs, and actually get two seats in the yellow zones? Should I even bother?"

Or would settling for the non-yellow be a better bet?

(I'm moving to IC, so why not)

Probably pretty difficult, as those sections more than likely go to the heaviest hitters first.

I've been lucky enough to sit 20 rows up on the 50 for a game, and it's a pretty neat experience.

I don't have season tickets either, but would it be wise to create an account and donate $100 for 2 seats just so I can get the points accumulated for when I do buy them? Or would my donation even matter since I wouldn't be buying tickets?

I don't have season tickets either, but would it be wise to create an account and donate $100 for 2 seats just so I can get the points accumulated for when I do buy them? Or would my donation even matter since I wouldn't be buying tickets?

I think if you do it after July 1st, your priority points will be applied to the 2011 season if you get tickets next year.

That being said, 200 bucks gets you three priority points as opposed to the one point you'll get with 100 dollars.

I was planning on getting season tickets this year, but it wasn't in the budget, so I did a lot of research ahead of time.

Latest posts