Getting Mad

Johnnyhawkeye

Way past that point, we just lost to Campbell!!!! Could we look any slower and unathletic? It looks like we have regressed since last season. Couldn't be more disappointed.

Not sure how this happens when only one player is not on the roster from last season...it is amazing to watch right now.

Good thing i just bought my Clemson tickets last night. I dont know why I even pay money to support this garbage. This may be the most embarrassing loss yet.

5 years of dogcrap basketball. I'm sick of it (not calling for anyone to be fired or anything over reactionary. I'm just tired of what has happened to one of my favorite teams in one of my favorite sports.)

Our only hope is we find out the entire team has some terrible flu strain / disease that makes all lethargic.... maybe the entire team participated in a UI Hosipital sleep apnea study - U-G-L-Y

Basabe and Cartwright's play is what is bothering me the most. Gatens is probably playing the best ball I've ever seen him play in a Hawkeye uniform. I feel bad for McCabe playing the 4 when he is clearly a 3, and Marble is playing the 1, when he is a 2 guard. Let's just hope they grow as the year goes on.

I am MAD. I was looking forward to a much improved team. Not like NCAA team, but at least a possible NIT team. Right now that looks like a dream.

i agree. If we are going to have any success this year, basabe and cartwright need to play much better. Both have been disappointing to say the least. Hopefully they are playing injured, because they couldn't look much worse at this point. Each looks about 2 steps slow this year. Basable looks like he gained 20 lbs. but lost all his quickness from last yeAR. It's still early as they say.:confused:

Players I would like to see play less or benched: May, Basabe and Cartwright
Players I would like to see play those spots: Oglesby, White and Marble

There comes a point in time where you see players that were solid players doing nothing and they continue to play significant minutes...two are upperclassmen and I have no idea what is going on with Basabe, but he has earned some pine time.

I like the court vision that Oglesby plays with, watching two games now he sees things well and find the open man that can never catch a pass.
White just needs to play, he will grow into a position. Marble is actually, to me, a better player at the PG than the wing, he plays more under control.

The last two games have been embarassing and there is zero reason for it other than the two "stars" aren't "stars" at this time, underachievers.

Gatens didn't have a great shooting night, but he played aggressive and works his tail off on every possession. He is having the type of year I expected at this point, if anybody gives him help he could be a 20 ppg player.

I think all the way back to when Iowa beat UCONN in Alford's first game. I thought we were going to turn into an awesome program at that point and I was excited as hell (granted I was in 8th grade). Who knew that a little of over ten years from that we would be losing to teams named Campbell by double digits at home?

At least we will all suck together this year. We might suck slightly less than you do, but definitely looks like a long winter for both of us.

Latest posts